Ch.4 Farewell (Part 2)

Yuna, Gyuvin, Taerae, and Matthew remained in the room while the others went to the bathroom.

"Aish, those two are honestly driving me crazy." Yuna sighed in frustration.

"Who are you talking about?" Matthew asked.

"Hanbin and Eunbyeol. Honestly, when is he gonna tell her that he likes her?"

"You guys made it so obvious just now." Taerae smirked.

"But I kinda understand Hanbin." Gyuvin said with experience. "It isn't easy to confess to your best friend. I mean you could potentially lose your best friend if things don't work out." He turned to Yuna before continuing. "You should understand, knowing how hard it was for me to tell you that I liked you. It took me— I don't know how many years — to realise that I was in love with you and it took another four years before I mustered up the courage to tell you how I felt."

Yuna felt blood rushing to her cheeks. It was hard not to like how openly Gyuvin always talked about how much he cared for her.

"I think I get why Eunbyeol chose Gyuvin as the best boyfriend now." Matthew exchanged a look with Taerae.

"Ya! We're talking about Hanbin and Eunbyeol, not me and Gyuvin." As always, Yuna hid her shyness behind her strong personality.

"Just let them be. They will eventually end up together if they are meant to be." Taerae didn't feel like it was their place to intervene in Hanbin and Eunbyeol's relationship, even though he shipped them like the rest of the group did.

"It's obvious that Hanbin likes Eunbyeol, but do you think Eunbyeol feels the same about Hanbin?" Matthew wondered. Eunbyeol's mind was never easy to read.

"Well, she obviously cares a lot about Hanbin." Yuna pointed out the obvious, but she wasn't able to deduce Eunbyeol's deeper feelings either.

"Yeah, but that could be because they're best friends. Hanbin was the one who made her open up in the beginning; it's natural for Eunbyeol to feel the closest to Hanbin." Gyuvin also gave his opinion.

"To be honest, though, I doubt Eunbyeol would know even if she did see Hanbin as more than a friend." Matthew made a very sensible point.

After the others returned to the room, it was time to open their gifts from their secret santas. Everyone went to retrieve the gift with their name written on it from underneath the Christmas tree in the corner of the room.

"Shall we open them one by one?" Hanbin suggested. "Bora, do you want to go first? Then, we will go clockwise from there." In that sense, Matthew, who was sitting on the right of Bora, would be the last to open his gift.

Bora then opened her present. It was a purple neon sign that spelled Bora.

"This is so pretty. I love it. I doubt a boy would choose this as a gift, so 'm guessing it's one of the girls."

On Chaeyeon's turn, she rolled her eyes as soon as she saw the gift. It was a kid's jewellery set that was hot pink in colour.

"I already know who my secret santa is. Only one person would give me such a gift." She glared at Gyuvin angrily while he was trying his very best to keep a straight face.

Taerae then opened his gift, and it was a really nice guitar strap. Taerae loved playing the guitar, so it was a really personalised and thoughtful gift. Next, it was Gyuvin's turn. Everyone cracked up as they saw Gyuvin's gift - a fluffy and cute unicorn diary.

"HAHAHAHAHA okay, I feel much better now." Chaeyeon laughed her lungs out.

It was Yuna's turn next. She opened her gift to find a lipstick from Chanel.