Ch.30 Always and Forever (Part 2)

Later that night, Eunbyeol and Hanbin went for a night walk around the campsite.

"Do you think we will stay together after we go to uni?" Eunbyeol stared at the ground.

"What are you talking about? Are you planning to break up with me after we go to uni?" Hanbin stopped in his tracks, making Eunbyeol stop too.

"You know that's not what I meant, Bin. I'm just worried. We won't be able to see each other as much, and it won't be just neighbouring classrooms this time. We're talking about different universities with completely different social circles."

"It sounds cliche, but physical distance is nothing when hearts are connected, Byeol. I will miss you when you are not right next to me, but that won't change my heart. And let's promise to always share our thoughts and not let insecurities get in the way of our relationship."

"You're talking about yourself, right?"

"I have learnt my lesson."

"I know I'm not the best at communicating my thoughts, but I promise to try my best."

"No matter how little or insignificant you think the thought is, I will always be more than willing to listen, okay?"

"Okay."

"Does the thought of going into a completely new environment alone scare you?"

"Of course. I've always had you by my side, helping me adapt to new groups of people, but I'll be all by myself in university."

"I'll always be here, though." Hanbin pointed at Eunbyeol's heart with his finger.

"I know. That's why, even though I'm scared, I'm also confident that I won't be the Park Eunbyeol who isolated herself from other people five years ago. You have equipped me with the confidence and courage to open up to people, Bin."

"My baby has grown up well." He patted her head.

"Thank you for making me a better person and for teaching me what love is."

"Thank you for letting me into your heart. I love you." Hanbin pulled Eunbyeol in for a short but sweet kiss.

"Byeol, there's something I want to tell you before I tell the others."

"Something to do with what you want to do after high school?"

"How did you know?" His eyes widened. It was like she had read his mind.

"Because I know you well."

"I'm thinking about auditioning for entertainment companies. I want to try and become an idol."

Eunbyeol was surprised but also not surprised at the same time. Hanbin had mentioned that he wanted to do something in college that would help him pursue dancing as a future career and talked about applying to courses that could facilitate his talent and passion for dance. But becoming an idol was something different.

"Byeol, talk to me."

"You know I will always support every decision you make. If becoming an idol is what you want, then go for it. I already know you will do a great job because you shine whenever you're on stage."

"But?" Hanbin sensed the hesitation in her words.

"But it won't be easy. It won't be easy for you, and it probably won't be easy for us either. But I also know that you are tough and determined. Once you've set your mind on something, you'll do whatever it takes to achieve it. Just make sure that when it gets hard, you won't keep everything to yourself. As for us, I know we will try our best to make it work. So go for it, and know that I will be your greatest supporter no matter what. Even if it doesn't work out between us one day, I will still be supporting you and your dreams from afar. Don't ever let me hold you back, Bin." Eunbyeol cupped Hanbin's face and initiated another kiss. This time, it was a more passionate and heated one. She pulled away when she felt herself run out of breath and buried her face in his chest.

"Shall we head back?"

Hanbin reached to hold Eunbyeol's hand once she moved away from his embrace, and they slowly walked back to their tent.

"Our breathing still needs a bit of work," Hanbin said out of the blue.

Eunbyeol didn't understand what Hanbin was saying at first, but when she realised what he meant, she felt a rush of blood up to her face.

"It's okay. Practice makes perfect." Hnabin continued.

"Ya, Sung Hanbin!" Eunbyeol gave Hanbin a hard hit on his arm, but it didn't stop him.

"We have the whole night."

"You've gone crazy. I'm going to tell Appa that I don't want to share a room with a pervert." Eunbyeol shouted while running away.

But Hanbin immediately caught up with her.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going to ask Yujin to swap rooms with me. I have a lot to ask Gunwook anyway."

"You're not going anywhere." Hanbin bent down and carried Eunbyeol in bridal style.

"Yaaa, people are going to see us!"

"It's not like we're doing anything inappropriate." Hanbin carried her all the way back to the tent.

Once they returned to their tent, Eunbyeol grabbed her clothes from her luggage and headed to the bathroom. "I'll take a shower first."

"Want to take one together?"

"Y..you...you've really gone crazy." She quickly hid in the bathroom to cool herself down. "Don't you dare come in!"

She looked into the mirror, and her blushing cheeks and ears were telling her how flustered she was. Flirty Sung Hanbin is way too dangerous.

While Hanbin was showering, Eunbyeol got ready for bed and slid under the covers. Her face was heating up again at the thought of sleeping in the same bed as Hanbin. They'd had sleepovers before, so it wouldn't be their first time sleeping next to each other, but somehow, it felt different now that they were lovers.

Once she stopped hearing water running in the bathroom, she closed her eyes and pretended to have fallen asleep. Soon after Hanbin came out of the bathroom, he turned off the lights and climbed into bed.

"Good night, Byeol." He wrapped his arms around Eunbyeol and left a kiss on her forehead.

The room was so quiet that Eunbyeol could hear her own heart pounding. She couldn't fall asleep even after trying for a good while. She opened her eyes and gazed at Hanbin's sleeping face.

Moonlight peeped through the curtains, hitting his face. She quietly admired his long eyelashes and his defined features.

"Are you asleep, Bin-ah?" Eunbyeol whispered gently.

There was no response, so Eunbyeol naturally assumed he had fallen asleep.

"Good night, my love." Eunbyeol continued to whisper.

"I like how you call me." Hanbin suddenly spoke up.

Eunbyeol instinctively closed her eyes again, earning a light chuckle from Hanbin.

That night, both of them slept with smiles on their cheeks.

.

"알 수 없는 미래지만
네 품속에 있는 지금 순간 순간이
영원 했으면 해"

"The future is unknown
But each moment of being in your arms
I wish it would last forever"

Every Day, Every Moment - Paul Kim

.

The End