Ch.9 Someone Cares

Yuna and Gyuvin have broken up for over a month. Yuna stopped hanging out with the group whenever Gyuvin was there, but she remained close with the others. On days when Gyuvin has basketball team practice during lunchtime, she would have lunch with Hanbin, Chaeyeon, and Eunbyeol. Gyuvin was still heartbroken. It had been a while since everyone had seen the jolly and playful Gyuvin, but they wanted to give him all the time he needed to heal.

It was a Wednesday lunchtime, when Gyuvin had basketball team practice and Hanbin had a debate team meeting. Thus, it was just the girls at lunch.

"Eunbyeol, have you started revising for mid-term exams?" Chaeyeon asked, seeming stressed about the upcoming exams.

"Chaeyeon-ah, is that even a question? Eunbyeol starts revising the moment she learns the content."

"You need some help with revision, Chaeyeon?" Eunbyeol sensed Chaeyeon's helplessness.

"Yes, please! My mum wants to kill me because my grades have been dropping recently."

"Maybe you should stop sleeping during study group sessions." Yuna nagged.

"I just can't help but get sleepy looking at my textbooks after a whole day of school."

"It's okay. There's still time until exams. I'll help you out as much as I can."

"You're the best, Eunbyeol."

"Oh by the way, guys, I have something to tell you." Yuna was being unusually awkward.

Chaeyeon and Eunbyeol waited for her to continue.

"Umm... I... So basically..."

"Just say it." Chaeyeon became impatient.

"Jeonghyeon confessed to me, and I accepted."

There was a long moment of silence.

"Can you two at least give me some sort of reaction?"

"I don't know how I should react to this." Eunbyeol said honestly.

"It feels weird if we are too happy for you, but as long as you are happy, we are happy for you." Chaeyeon paused before asking the big question. "Are you going to tell Gyuvin?"

"Well..." Yuna looked down at her fingers and started fiddling with them. "He's going to find out sooner or later."

"I know this might be a bit too much to ask, but can you just keep it low for a while? Gyuvin is still having a hard time." Eunbyeol couldn't imagine what Gyuvin would feel if he knew.

"And you know he doesn't like Jeonghyeon." Chaeyeon concurred. Gyuvin had been wary of Jeonghyeon when he was still dating Yuna, it would be a double blow for him.

"Isn't it better for him to know and just get over me? I know I sound cruel, but he has to stop living in the past and try to move on." 

"Yuna, you know better than us how important you are to him. We can't expect him to just move on within a month or two. Knowing you, I know you still care for him, and you're hating the fact that you're the one who's hurting him." Eunbyeol placed her hands on Yuna's.

"Maybe give us some time to talk to Hanbin first." Chaeyeon suggested. "I feel like he knows what to do best."

.

The next day after school, Gyuvin had basketball practice and was late to the study group session.

Chaeyeon took this chance to ask the group for advice."So guys, apparently Yuna started dating Jeonghyeon."

"Isn't Jeonghyeon the guy who made Gyuvin jealous before?" Ricky hadn't met Jeonghyeon in-person, but he had heard Gyuvin mention the name before.

"Exactly."