Ch.4 Farewell (Part 1)

It was the last day of final exams. The ringing of the timer at the end of the last exam signified the end of the finals period.

"Time's up. Everyone, please put down your pens." Mr. Kim announced and proceeded to collect the students' exam papers.

"Good work, everyone. Now, enjoy your well-deserved winter break. You are dismissed."

"The exam was so difficult." Hao whined once Mr. Kim stepped out of the classroom. "What did you guys put for the second last question?"

"I think it was A." Hanbin noted.

Eunbyeol nodded in agreement.

"Phew, I guessed A too." Hao heaved a sigh of relief.

"It wasn't C?" Ricky almost screamed. "Aish, let's not talk about exams. Let's put everything about exams behind. It's time to play now!"

Gyuvin, Taerae, and Matthew were already waiting in the corridor when the four of them walked out of the classroom.

"Good job, guys. We all worked hard." Hanbin uplifted everyone with his warm words.

"It's finally over and done with!" Taerae yelled with relief.

"Don't want to look at my textbooks for a good while. I can't wait to go out and play, weehee!" Gyuvin shouted.

In the background, Chaeyeon was running towards them, behind her were Yuna and Bora. Taerae opened his arms towards Chaeyeon.

"I screwed up the exam."

"I'm sure you did fine, baby." Taerae consoled the pouting Chaeyeon. "Let's not think about it and go eat something nice."

"I'm craving fried chicken." Gyuvin could hear his stomach growling already.

"Oh oh me too!" The mention of food made Chaeyeon feel alive again.

"Is everyone fine with that?" Hanbin looked at everyone else. No one had any objection. "Great, fried chicken it is."

"Have fun, you guys. I have a date with Bora." Matthew excused himself and Bora. "I'll see you guys sometime soon."

.

"Don't you guys think we should do something for Matthew before he leaves?" Hanbin suggested, after they settled down at the restaurant without Matthew.

"How about a surprise farewell party?" Chaeyeon proposed.

"Oooh that is a great idea." Yuna seconded the proposal. "We should invite Bora as well."

"I'm getting excited already." Chaeyeon squealed.

Later that night, in their group chat, Hanbin put forward the idea of doing Secret Santa so that they had an excuse to gather and surprise Matthew.

The Iconic Squad😎💖

Me

Guys, we should do Secret Santa again this year!

Gyuvin🐶

It's becoming our annual tradition haha

Taerae🐣

I'm up for it!

My Star 💫

I'll help organise it.

Yuna 👑

Let's do it on boxing day.

Matthew ☀️

Sure, I think I'm free.