Ch.19 The Brightest Star

"Jiwoong-ah..." Eunbyeol turned around to talk to Jiwoong after school.

"Yes?"

"I'm really sorry, but do you think I can come to your Taekwondo practice next week instead?" Eunbyeol couldn't get Hanbin's downhearted expression that morning off her mind, so she decided to postpone her hangout with Jiwoong.

"You can't make it tomorrow?"

"Not exactly, but next week will probably be better."

"I'm sorry. I'll try to make it up to you somehow. I'll try and ask for a shift change on Sunday, and maybe we could hang out on Sunday instead?"

"Really?" Jiwoong's face lit up immediately.

"I'll try, it should be fine." Jiwoong's change in expression also brightened Eunbyeol's expression.

"Okay, let me know later."

"Sure."

Eunbyeol turned around and saw Hanbin and Chaeyeon standing next to the door of our classroom. Her eyes met Hanbin's, and he had a slightly sullen look that she had rarely seen.

"See you tomorrow, Jiwoong."

"See you tomorrow, Eunbyeol."

Eunbyeol then headed to the study group session with Yuna and Chaeyeon, while Gyuvin and Hanbin walked behind them.

"Sooooo how's it between you and Jiwoong now?" Chaeyeon drew herself closer to Eunbyeol.

"I told him we could hang out more often, so I guess that's what we'll be doing. Oh right, you just reminded me to text Haeri Unnie to see if we can swap shifts on Sunday."

"Why are you suddenly swapping shifts?"

"I was going to hang out with Jiwoong tomorrow after school, but Hanbin's suddenly free, so I postponed our hangout to next week. I felt bad, so I wanted to make it up to him, but our schedules don't really match with each other. The only way is to free Sunday morning out."

"Did you tell him you're ditching him for Hanbin?" Yuna asked worriedly.

"No."

"Good, don't. Guys get easily jealous over these things."

.

After the study group session, Eunbyeol walked home with Hanbin.

"You're really quiet today. You're still upset that I can't hang out with you tomorrow?"

"I'm not upset."

"Really?" Eunbyeol smiled at how unconvincing that sounded. "But I'm still going to make you hang out with me tomorrow."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I mean that you better start to think about what to do tomorrow."

"I thought..."

"You really thought I would still hang out with Jiwoong after that long face you gave me this morning?"

"I was being too inconsiderate. I'm sorry."

"No, you weren't. I wanted to spend time with you too. Now, what should we do tomorrow?" Eunbyeol naturally looped her arms under Hanbin's. "It feels like it's been so long since we've properly hung out with each other."

.

The next day after school, Hanbin and Eunbyeol went home to change out of their uniforms before meeting up again at their favourite street food stall to get a bit of food. After that, they strolled around a nearby shopping area. A lot of students would go there during their free time to hang out with friends. It was an area with a bright and youthful ambience, with shops selling affordable but trendy clothes and accessories.