Ch.26 Heartless (Part 2)

Binnie Hyung☘️

Hey Gunwook

I know Eunbyeol can't tutor Yujin tomorrow, but I can still tutor you if you want

Me

No, thanks

I don't really want to see you atm

Binnie Hyung☘️

Are you mad at me, Gunwook?

Me

Yes, very

Binnie Hyung☘️

If this is because of Eunbyeol, I hope what's happening between me and your sister will stay between us

Me

NOT WHEN YOU MADE HER CRY IN THE RAIN AND HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF A CHEST INFECTION

Binnie Hyung☘️

What?

Is she okay now?

Is she still in the hospital?

What happened?

What do you mean I made her cry? How?

I don't understand what's going on

Me

I don't think it matters to you anyway

If you cared, you would have at least checked on her when she didn't show up to school

Binnie Hyung☘️

Please just tell me if she's okay

.

Gunwook left Hanbin on read, regretting telling Hanbin everything impulsively. Eunbyeol would probably kill him if she found out.

Meanwhile, Hanbin was dumbstruck. He tried to process what Gunwook had said and thought back to when he last saw Eunbyeol. She looked completely fine back then. Gunwook said something about crying in the rain? It rained extremely heavily the day after the competition. Was it that day? He tried to recall everything that happened that day. Yujin said she went to their home to look for him but she never turned up at the cafe.

How on earth did he make Eunbyeol cry? What happened?

Before Yujin came to the cafe, Seolah...

No, it couldn't be...

Did she see THAT?

Hanbin immediately dashed out of the cafe and ran to Eunbyeol's home at full speed.

"Annyeong, Hanbin-ah. Are you okay? Did you run here?" Mrs. Park opened up the door for Hanbin.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Eomeonim." Hanbin panted. "Is Eunbyeol at home? Can I possibly see her?"

"Sorry, Hanbin. It's probably best for Byeolie to not see anyone for now. She still needs a lot of rest."

"Who's here, Eomma?" Gunwook heard the bell and went down the stairs.

"It's Hanbin."

"Let's talk outside." Gunwook went to the door and gave Hanbin a very unfriendly stare.

Hanbin followed Gunwook to a nearby playground.

"Please know that I am strongly suppressing the urge to punch you in the face right now." Gunwook closed his eyes and took big breaths.

"I just wanted to check and see if she was okay." Hanbin pleaded.

"She's a lot better. She can probably go back to school next week."

"Can you tell me exactly what happened that day?"

Gunwook clenched his fists and jaws as he was reminded of that day.

"She came back soaking wet that day. No one knew how long she stayed in the rain. Her eyes were all red. I couldn't tell if those were tears or rain on her face. I have never seen Noona so weak; she almost collapsed when she got back." Gunwook took another deep breath.

"On the night of your dance competition, Eomma got really sick. She probably got in contact with some sort of virus when she went to the hospital with Eomma. She didn't even get proper sleep that night. She hurried to find you in the morning because she felt guilty for prioritising other things over you. The lack of sleep and getting wet in the rain probably weakened her immune system, so she fell sick and eventually developed a chest infection."

Hanbin went weak at the knees as he pictured what Eunbyeol went through. He would have punched himself in the face if he were Guwnook. In fact, he wanted to punch himself in the face now. What had he done? He had hurt the girl he deeply loved, his best friend, and she was suffering, both physically and mentally, now because of him.

"I didn't want to interfere with whatever's happening between you two because I understand that you must be having a hard time too. But you can't expect me to stay rational and calm after seeing Noona in such a fragile state, Hyung. You could have at least sent me a message to check on her. She kept crying herself to sleep at night, and all I could do was sit by her bed and listen to her sobs."

"You have all the right to be mad at me, Gunwook. I was being a jerk. I had no idea she saw Seolah kissing me on the face."

"SHE SAW WHAT?" Gunwook almost screamed.

"I... I thought you knew?"

"You honestly think that Noona would have told me what happened? She's the best at keeping everything to herself. What's with that girl who kissed you on your cheek?"

"She confessed to me that day, but I have already turned her down."

"Honestly, Hyung, do you still like Noona or not? If you don't, then stop torturing her."

"Of course I do. I love her, Gunwook-ah. I love her so much that my heart hurts just thinking about her. I miss her so much, but I don't know what to do. She seemed so distant, and jealousy was taking over me. I wanted to tell her so badly that I loved her, but I was so scared that I would lose her as my best friend if things didn't work out. I saw how Gyuvin was heartbroken when he broke up with Yuna, and I can't imagine what life without your sister would be like. The ironic thing is, though, I haven't even confessed, yet I feel like I'm already losing her."

"Noona should have heard this instead. Hyung, there's only one person in this world right now who is capable of breaking her heart like this, and that's you. You don't need me to tell you what that means. Why are you two torturing each other when you obviously like and care for each other?"

"Do you think she would still want to see me?"

"I don't know, Hyung. But I feel like you two need to talk regardless. If she doesn't want to see you, just insist. You know she has a soft heart, especially for you. Please don't break her heart again. Okay, Hyung? I hate to see her cry."

"I promise I won't hurt her ever again."

"Come by tomorrow after school. My parents will be at work. I'll let you in then."

"Thank you, Gunwook-ah."

"Just remember what you promised. It won't be just a punch if you make her cry again. You know I don't joke around when it comes to Noona, and you know you'll lose miserably if you fight against me."

.

"상처는 생각보다 쓰리고아픔은 생각보다 깊어가널 원망하던 수많은 밤이 내겐 지옥같아"

Hug Me - Jung Joonil