Ch.6 Stardust (Part 1)

All first-year students had just attended an assembly by the student council. The student council basically managed everything outside of the classroom at school. They had designated departments for sports, music, drama, etc. It was also part of their responsibility to promote and encourage the first-years to join the clubs and teams. The seniors would even go through the students' profiles in order to pick out and recruit outstanding students. The broadcasting department, for instance, was one of the most selective departments. Let's just say it consisted of some of the most popular students, who often ended up being the core members of the student council.

"Hanbin-ah, did you also get an invitation to the broadcasting department interview?" Yuna asked as she sat down at the lunch table.

"Yeah, I did."

"I think Hanbin was approached by pretty much every department." Gyuvin said in a joking manner, but it was, in fact, true.

"So, have you decided what you want to do?" Chaeyeon was curious about Hanbin's choices.

"I'm thinking about the broadcasting department, debate team, and probably basketball."

"Woah, you are going to do really well in debate, Hanbin-ah." Chaeyeon remarked. "You have always been such an eloquent speaker."

"What about dance? You're not joining the dance club?" Eunbyeol was surprised to hear that the dance club was not on the list.

"I told Gyuvin I would join the basketball team with him, but the practice time for basketball and dance pretty much overlaps. I have dance practice outside of school anyway. It's okay even if I don't join the club in school."

"Ya, don't worry about me. I'll be fine without you. Besides, Junhyeon is planning on joining the basketball team too. I'll have company. And you know what, Hanbin?"

"Yes?"

"You are much better at dance than at basketball hahahahahaha"

"Ya, Kim Gyuvin!"

"It would be a big, big loss for the dance club if you don't join them." Gyuvin knew well where Hanbin truly belonged.

"Are you sure you're fine with that?"

"Yes, I'm very sure. But just make sure your basketball skills don't deteriorate too much. It won't be fun if you become too easy to beat in our 3-on-3 games with Ricky, Taerae, Hao, and Matthew."

"Of course."

"Eunbyeol, weren't you approached by a few seniors too?" Chaeyeon shifted the attention to Eunbyeol.

"Eunbyeol is probably going to join the Science Club?" Gyuvin presumed, knowing Eunbyeol's gift in science.

"No, I'm actually thinking about something else. I want to do something less academic-related."

"Eunbyeol, you've changed." Yuna gasped. "What are you thinking about then?

"The editorial board. Apparently, they just started an English division in the editorial team last year, and I feel like it might be something that I would enjoy."

"Ohhh I was also thinking about applying to the editorial board as a graphic designer." Chaeyeon shared her plan.

.

In the end, Eunbyeol and Chaeyeon got into the editorial board as they wished. Hanbin was welcomed with open hands everywhere, and Yuna was also accepted into the broadcasting department.

"Thank God that Jeon Seolah didn't get in. I really don't want to work with that girl." Yuna exclaimed in relief.

"Who is Jeon Seolah?" It was the first time Eunbyeol had heard the name.