Ch.8 Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

The first semester flew by, and it was already summer break. Hanbin's mother's cafe was almost done with its renovation. Hanbin helped his mum as much as he could in terms of monitoring the renovation progress and planning out the cafe's opening. And when it came to more labour-intensive tasks, like painting the walls and moving the furniture, Eunbyeol, Yujin, and Gunwook helped a lot. They had a lot of fun preparing the cafe for opening.

.

"Binnie, are you free tomorrow?" Mrs. Sung asked his eldest son. "Some furniture is being delivered tomorrow afternoon, but I have a meeting. Would you be able to take delivery for me?"

"Of course. Yujin-ah, can you come with me tomorrow?"

"Sorry, Hyung. I'm going out with Gunwook and friends tomorrow. Try Eunbyeol noona." Yujin teased his brother with a smirk.

Hanbin gave Yujin a playful punch and texted Eunbyeol.

Me

Byeol, are you free tomorrow?

Mom wants me to take delivery at the cafe tomorrow afternoon

Do you wanna come with me? I'd love some company

My Star💫

Sure!

I'll come by your place in the morning

Me

Great, see you then

.

The next day, Hanbin and Eunbyeol took the delivery together and started unwrapping, assembling, and arranging the furniture until it was getting dark outside.

"Do you think we should put a table here?" Hanbin was moving a table around.

"It's probably going to feel a bit too packed. It's probably better to put a plant or a magazine rack."

The ringing of Hanbin's phone interrupted their conversation.

"Give me a moment." Hanbin took out his phone and saw that it was Gyuvin calling.

"Gyuvin-ah."

"Hanbin, are you busy right now?" The boy on the other side of the line responded lifelessly.

"Not really. Is something wrong? You don't sound well."

"Can we meet somewhere? I need someone to talk to."

"Yeah, sure. I'm at my mom's cafe with Eunbyeol now. Do you want to come over?"

"I'll be there in half an hour."

"Okay, see you."

"Is Gyuvin alright?" Eunbyeol saw the concern in Hanbin's eyes.

"He sounded like he was sobbing, but he didn't say what happened. He said he'd be over in half an hour."

Hanbin and Eunbyeol carried on arranging the furniture until they heard someone entering the cafe. They turned to see Gyuvin walking in with tears streaming down his face. Hanbin immediately went up to him. Gyuvin just fell into Hanbin's arms and started crying out loud. Hanbin and Eunbyeol exchanged worried looks. They sat Gyuvin down on a sofa once he calmed down a little bit.

"Do you mind telling us what happened?" Hanbin asked carefully.

"Yuna... broke up... with me." Gyuvin squeezed out those words between his sobs.