Ch.15 Just a Friend

After the weekend, news about Hanbin's mom's cafe spread across the school. Chaeyeon and Eunbyeol noticed an increasing number of customers who were from school.

The group was visiting Hanbin and Eunbyeol at the cafe on a Saturday afternoon.

"Oh gosh, why are there so many people today?" Hao was startled by the number of people in the cafe.

"Because Mr. Sung Hanbin is working today." Chaeyeon pointed her chin towards Hanbin who was behind the counter. "People at school learnt that Hanbin's mom opened up a cafe, and Hanbin helps out every weekend. It's going to be a hell of a day for them. It's at least thrice the workload of a usual weekend."

"Hey guys! Sorry, it's a bit busy today. We saved you a table over there." Eunbyeol came from behind the counter and led them to the table in the corner of the cafe. "Give me a moment. I'll come and get your order in a sec."

"Don't worry, Eunbyeol. I'll take their orders."

"Thank you, Chaeyeon-ah."

Chaeyeon took the whole group's order and went behind the counter to help.

"Here is the food you guys ordered. I'll go get your drinks as well."

"Let me help you." Taerae stood up from his seat and followed Chaeyeon to the counter.

"Thank you, baby."

"Chaeyeonnie is so good at her job." Ricky exclaimed as she observed Chaeyeon.

"I know, right." Hao concurred. "She changes into a different person when she is in her working mode."

"Your drinks are here too." Chaeyeon and Taerae put down the trays of drinks and sat down with the group.

"It seems like Eunbyeol and Hanbin can't even take a second off work." Hao continued to monitor the hustle in the cafe.

"Aww but look at them working together behind the counter." Gyuvin leaned onto Ricky's shoulder. "Remind me why they still aren't together.

"Not gonna lie, they do look good together." Even Taerae agreed with Gyuvin.

"Hanbin-ah, Eunbyeol-ah, you two look so cute working together!" Out of nowhere, Gyuvin shouted across the room.

Hanbin couldn't hide his smile at Gyuvin's comment. Even though he and Eunbyeol seldom talked to each other when they were busy working, they could tell what the other needed without having to say a word. And whenever he got a bit tired, looking at Eunbyeol and knowing that she was in it with him kept him going. He took a look at Eunbyeol, who seemed a bit uneasy because of the comment. Did she not like the idea of them being more than friends so much that she felt uncomfortable with even a slight tease?

Everyone in the cafe turned their heads to look at Gyuvin, who was laughing with the rest of the group at the table. Several of them continued with what they were doing after the brief interruption. However, a significant number shifted their attention to Eunbyeol and Hanbin, including Seolah and her best friend Sukyung, who just stepped into the cafe. To be more exact, they were staring Eunbyeol down.

Eunbyeol met Seolah's gaze as she approached the counter. Seolah had a smile on her face, but it definitely wasn't a friendly one; it felt more like a declaration.

"Welcome. How can I help you?"

"You're Eunbyeol, right? I'm Seolah, Hanbin's seatmate."

"Ah yes, I know. Annyeong."

"Hanbin-ah, I came to visit with my friend." Seolah shouted across the counter to Hanbin, who was working at the back.

Hanbin looked up as he heard Seolah calling out to him. His iconic eye smile spread across his face as he saw the familiar face.