Ch.10 From Byeol

Like every day, Eunbyeol and Hanbin walked to school together. Hanbin had broadcasting duty this morning, so Eunbyeol went to the classroom alone. As she entered, a gigantic pile of Pepero on Hanbin's desk immediately caught her eye. She then realised it was 11th November - Pepero Day. It was a day for people to show their love to those around them by gifting them Pepero and was treated like another Valentine's Day in Korea.

"It must feel good to be popular." Junhyeon talked to himself while inspecting the heap of pepero boxes.

Eunbyeol overheard Junhyeon and offered, "I can buy you a pack of Pepero during break if you want."

"Okay, and I'll buy you a pack too!"

"Ahahaha thank you, Junhyeon-ah."

Girls kept coming in and putting down packs of Pepero on Hanbin's desk.

"How is he going to bring all these home?" Junhyeon was genuinely concerned.

"I should have reminded him to bring an extra bag to school today." Gyuvin, who was used to Hanbin's popularity, wasn't even shocked by the large amount of pepero Hanbin was receiving.

Just then, the school bell rang indicating the start of the school day. Just then, a musical tone alerted everyone to a whole school broadcast, and a very familiar voice was heard.

"Good morning, Goyang High School. I'm Sung Hanbin, the broadcaster this morning."

Almost immediately, squeals and screams were heard coming from different classrooms and different floors.

: I love you, Hanbin-ah!

: Thank you for blessing our morning with your sweet voice, Hanbin-ah!

"If you haven't noticed yet, it's Pepero Day today. Pepero Day is the perfect day for you to confess your love, not just to your crush but also to your friends. Have you bought your loved ones a pack of Pepero yet? Even if you haven't, it's fine. There are millions of ways to show your love to those around you. I hope you all receive lots of love today. Have a nice day and eat lots of pepero. This has been Sung Hanbin, Annyeong."

Soon after the broadcast, Hanbin came back, and people in the class started cheering.

: As expected from Sung Hanbin.

: You were so cool, Hanbin-ah.

Hanbin bowed with a shy smile. He then walked to his seat but was flustered to see the overflowing amount of Pepero.

"Ya, don't act surprised." Gyuvin sneered.

"This is a new high though," Eunbyeol exclaimed. "I don't think he ever got this many in middle school."

"Can you three at least help me figure out what to do with all these peperos?"

"I guess being popular comes with a downside too." As always, Junhyeon made Gyuvin and and Eunbyeol laugh though speaking in the most serious manner.

"Does anyone have a big, big bag for our Hanbin to put all his Pepero in?" Gyuvin asked the rest of the class for help, with a small intention to tease Hanbin.

With everyone in the class giggling, Hanbin's face got very red.

"Is this good enough?" Hyejin slowly held up a paper bag.

"Oh yes, this is perfect. Thanks, Hyejin-ah." Hanbin went over to get the bag from Hyejin.

"You're welcome." Hyejin's ears turned red, but her expression remained calm.

Eunbyeol noticed how Hyejin kept stealing glances at Hanbin as he was putting all the Pepero in the bag.

"Ya Eunbyeol, stop daydreaming and start helping Hanbin." Gyuvin her back into reality.