Ch.14 Little Boss

The boys and the girls could finally reunite for lunch after Gyuvin and Yuna made up. They were still a bit awkward around each other, but everyone could see that they were both trying their best and making the effort to restore their friendship. Yuna might have realised how important Gyuvin was to her, or even how she truly felt about Gyuvin, after this short parting.

Despite being busy with studies and all extracurricular activities, Eunbyeol and Hanbin tried to spend almost every possible moment together. Even on days when they had dance or tutorials after school, they would still make sure to call each other before bed. Then, on weekends, they would work together in the cafe. Thursday was the only day in the week when both of them were free after school, and they always reserved their time for each other. With their midterm exams coming up, they started spending time together on revision.

It was a Thursday. Hanbin, Eunbyeol, and Chaeyeon headed to the cafe together after school. Chaeyeon was going there for work, while Hanbin and Eunbyeol were going there to study.

"Iced hazelnut americano as per usual?" As they stepped into the cafe, Hanbin asked Eunbyeol as he went behind the counter.

"Are you going to make it for me?"

"Of course."

"Thank you."

"Anything to eat?"

"No, thanks." Eunbyeol then sat down at one of the tables, with Chaeyeon following her.

"Ok, one moment."

"Sometimes even I can't help but find Hanbin attractive, especially when he is behind the counter making coffee." Chaeyeon commented dreamily while observing the boy at the coffee machine.

"Maybe I should tell Taerae to start learning how to make coffee."

"My Taerae is attractive even when he's not making coffee." Chaeyeon declared proudly.

"Hahahaha okay." Eunbyeol then noticed Hanbin, who was looking at them. "Ya, quickly get to work. The little boss is looking at you from the counter."

"I'm quite sure he is looking at you, but anyway. I'll go get changed."

"Here's the Byeol Special: Iced Americano with exactly one pump of hazelnut syrup." Hanbin placed Eunbyeol's drink in front of her.

"Thanks, Bin-ah." She then picks it up for a sip.

"Tastes okay?"

"Tastes perfect. Just the caffeine I needed. By the way, Bin-ah, can you help me with my math? I can't seem to get my head around all this calculus."

"Sure, let's start with some math revision then."

Hanbin was an amazing teacher. Eunbyeol found his explanations easier to understand than all the teachers and tutors she had ever had. Hanbin was explaining integration in detail on a piece of paper, with Eunbyeol paying full attention to every word he's saying. Their heads naturally got closer and closer until they were literally right next to each other.

"Have a go at this question and see if you get it." Hanbin slid the paper over to Eunbyeol. He turned his head slightly towards her and was startled by how close she was when he felt his lips brush through her hair.

"Okay." Eunbyeol picked up her pen and started working on the math problem.

Hanbin couldn't take his eyes off her side profile until Eunbyeol's voice pulled him back to reality.

"Is this right?"

"Let me have a look... I think you grasped the idea. Just be careful here." Hanbin pointed at the careless mistake with his pen. "You missed one bit when you were expanding the brackets, so the answer is incorrect. Just practise some more, and you'll be fine."