Ch.16 Oblivious

"Annyeong." Jiwoong showed up at the cafe on a Tuesday afternoon.

"Oh Annyeong. You're here again." Eunbyeol smiled delightfully at the familiar customer.

"I like it here. It's cozy but also a nice environment to work in.

"I agree. I wonder who contributed to the interior." Eunbyeol looked around the cafe, pretending to think.

"You helped with the interior too?"

"Haha kind of. Hanbin did most of the work, but I gave some advice."

"Speaking of Hanbin, you guys seem really close."

"Mr. Kim Jiwoong, are you here to chat or are you here to order?"

"Oops sorry, I was too immersed in this conversation. A grapefruit ade, please."

"No ham croissant this time?"

"I'm not hungry today."

"Okay, it's 6,000 won. Please take a seat."

.

"Your grapefruit ade." Eunbyeol also delivered his drink to his table this time.

"Thanks."

"You're working on our chemistry assignment?" Eunbyeol caught a glimpse of what Jiwoong was working on.

"Yes."

"Mind if I be nosy and say something?"

"Go ahead."

"Here." Eunbyeol pointed at the notebook with her finger. "You made a tiny mistake when balancing this equation."

Jiwoong had another look at the question. "You're right. Wow, no wonder you're always top of the year. Just one look and you are able to spot mistakes."

"It's because I just did this assignment today, so it's still fresh in my mind."

"That's still very remarkable of you, Eunbyeol."

"Okay, stop flattering me. I'm going to go back to work."

"Good luck with your shift."

"Tell me if you need anything else." With that, Eunbyeol went back to the cashier.

"Jiwoong came here again?" Chaeyeon peeped at Jiwoong while huddling near Eunbyeol.

"Yeah, he said he likes it here."

"Because you're here!"

"What are you talking about? It's because it's a nice cafe to study in."

"He obviously likes you, Eunbyeol."

"I think you're thinking too much, Chaeyeon."

"You're thinking too little!"

"Okay, either way, I don't see him that way."

"Eunbyeol Noona, Chaeyeon Noona." Yujin suddenly turned up at the cafe, interrupting their conversation.

"Yujin? Why are you here? I thought you weren't on duty today." Eunbyeol wondered.

"Since Haeri Noona is taking half a day off, Eomma asked me to come and stand by in case you guys need help."

"Ahhh thank you, Yujin. Fortunately, it's not too busy so far."

Yujin looked around and spotted Jiwoong.

"Isn't that guy the same guy who came and visited Eunbyeol Noona last weekend?"

"Yes yes!" Chaeyeon squealed excitedly and shared with him the drajma in her head. "I swear he is here because of Eunbyeol."

"Stop saying that, Chaeyeon. People will take it the wrong way."