Author's Note

I still can't believe I just finished writing and publishing a whole story. Thank you for all your support🥺 I really enjoyed watching the small, but steady growth in number of reads and engaged readers. (It reached 2k reads tdyyy🥺💖) Thank you to everyone who read Distance(d)! It would remain a story that I hold dear to my heart🤍

Physical distance doesn't necessarily mean that two people will be distanced emotionally. Yet people can still drift apart without any actual distance. Hence, why I named the book Distance(d).

I believe that a healthy relationship requires partners to bring the best out of each other. Hanbin and Eunbyeol's story is a perfect demonstration. (Okay, jealousy kinda took over in the middle for the purpose of the story, but still.) Because of Hanbin's amiable personality, Eunbyeol slowly opened up to him and to the world. She learnt to understand and express her feelings to people who she care and love. To one point, she no longer had to rely on Hanbin all the time, but she also knew Hanbin would always be her safe base. On the other hand, Hanbin learnt to love with more maturity. (I really had trouble trying to depict Hanbin's character development because how do you make him more perfect😭.) 

And because both of them were diligent and hardworking people, they were able to motivate each other to continue to strive for excellence and become a better version of themselves. They were always supportive of each other's dreams and passions and genuinely wanted what's best for each other. They were also aware of their ability to influence each other's decisions, thus, they were mindful of their words as they didn't want to hinder each other.

Someone please tell me where to find a Sung Hanbin for myself😭

Anywayy, I will try my best to come back with another good story soon. Meanwhile, I might stick with one-shots and short stories. I would appreciate if you check those out too when they're published. Once again, thank you for your support🤍 Hope to see you guys soon hehe☘️

2023.08.18