Ch.22 Awry

"Eunbyeol is having lunch with Jiwoong again?" Gyuvin couldn't help but notice that Eunbyeol had been spending a bit too much time with Jiwoong lately.

"You have a problem with that?" Chaeyeon glanced at Eunbyeol and Jiwoong before replying.

"I'm just curious, since when did they become so close?"

"I heard that Eunbyeol even went to Jiwoong's taekwondo practice yesterday." Junhyeon was also trying to understand the situation.

"The two of you obviously know something that we don't." Gyuvin looked at the girls with narrowed eyes.

"We have nothing to say." Yuna insisted.

"People are saying that they're dating." Junhyeon continued to share what he had heard.

"Ugh please," Chaeyeon snorted. "I'm sure they have better things to do than spread rumours. Eunbyeol hates it when people gossip about her."

"She's hanging out with one of the most popular guys in the school though. It's hard to not become the subject of gossip." Gyuvin pointed out.

"Anyway, you two better keep your mouths shut and not ask Eunbyeol anything weird." Yuna warned.

"I think Hanbin is getting a bit jealous of Jiwoong though." Gyuvin was more worried about how Hanbin would react to whatever was going on between Eunbyeol and Jiwoong.

"A bit is probably an understatement." Yuna sneered. "But it was his choice not to confess."

.

Hanbin and Eunbyeol were tutoring their brothers at the cafe. Eunbyeol sat across from Yujin, who was working on past paper questions. Hanbin and Gunwook were sitting at the table behind her.

"Yujin-ah, is that alright if I go talk to a friend?" The familiar figure at the counter caught Eunbyeol's attention.

Yujin looked up and nodded before focusing on his work again. Eunbyeol then went towards the counter.

"What are you doing here?" Eunbyeol and Jiwoong said simultaneously.

"Hahaha I just finished basketball practice and wanted to stop by and buy a drink. How about you?" Jiwoong answered first.

"I'm tutoring Hanbin's brother."

"Ahhh I see." He looked towards the tables and noticed the boys. "Oh, Hanbin is here too?"

"Yeah, he's tutoring my brother. The one sitting across from him is my brother, Gunwook."

"Don't mind me. Go back to what you were doing."

"Let me make you your drink first." Eunbyeol looked at Jiwoong, waiting for him to order. But he just gazed at her sweetly with slightly widened eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I wasn't expecting you to take that promise this seriously."

"I take the promises I make very seriously."

"No, honestly, it's okay. I'm giving you permission to disregard the promise just for today."

"Don't worry. It's not going to take me a lot of time, and I can assure you that you're not disrupting my tutoring."

"Okay, if you insist. Can I please have a grapefruit ade, please?"

"No problem. Chaeyeon-ah, a grapefruit ade for Jiwoong."

Hanbin was watching from the moment Eunbyeol left her seat and walked towards Jiwoong. Gunwook got distracted too and turned to see what Hanbin was looking at.

"Isn't he the guy who hung out with Noona last Sunday?" Gunwook turned around to face Hanbin again. "Hyung, you have 'jealousy' written all over your face right now. Tell me, what's the deal with him?"