Ch.21 Birthday

Binnie's Birthday🎉🤫

Me

Hey guys

What should we do for Binnie's birthday?

Chaeyeonie💛

Do you think we can throw him a mini surprise party at the cafe?

Tae💛

How are we going to tell him to go to the cafe without breaking the surprise though?

Hao💛

He's definitely going to know

Yuna💛

Let's just tell him we're going to celebrate his birthday

Ricky💛

Agreed

Me

Okay, let's all meet at the cafe after school on Wednesday then

.

The night before the party, Eunbyeol and Chaeyeon started making Hanbin's birthday cake when the cafe became less busy.

"Did you manage to buy decorations yesterday?" Chaeyeon asked while weighing out the ingredients for the cake.

"Yeah, I kept them with my present for Hanbin in the store room upstairs."

"Great, we only need to worry about the cake now. Speaking of the cake, if Hanbin comes later, he's going to find out about the cake."

"I'll see if Yujin can help with that." Eunbyeol pulled out her phone and called Yujin for help.

Yujin and Mrs. Sung eventually came up with some sort of excuse to stop Hanbin from stopping by the cafe after his tutorial.

After the cafe was closed for the day, Eunbyeol and Chaeyeon stayed behind for a bit longer to decorate the cake. It was already quarter to 11 when they walked out of the cafe. As soon as Eunbyeol parted with Chaeyeon and started walking home, her phone rang.

"Binnie?" She answered the call.

"Byeol, are you home yet?" Hanbin called to check on Eunbyeol.

"Not yet. I'm still walking."

"You're usually home by this time."

"Yeah... Uh... I got carried away in a conversation with Chaeyeon."

"Sorry, I was going to come to the cafe, but Eomma needed me to go home and help with something."

"Don't worry." Eunbyeol smiled to herself, knowing that Hanbin's mom was simply helping her.

"Stay on the call till you get home, so I can make sure you get home safely."

After Eunbyeol got home, she took a shower and worked for a bit until it was almost midnight. She called Hanbin again.

"Byeol!" The boy sounded excited to have received Eunbyeol's call.

"Two minutes left till someone's birthday."

"I wonder who that someone is."

"Yeah, I wonder." She chuckled. "What were you doing just now?"

"Waiting for your call."

"Luckily, I did."

"Byeol, look out of your window. The night sky is really clear tonight."

Eunbyeol gazed out the window from her bed. "I can't seem to see the moon though."