Ch.30 Always and Forever (Part 1)

Eunbyeol and Hanbin's family had planned a trip to Jeju together during winter break and had invited their friends to join them. Since Matthew was back for the break, it would be their first trip together as a group, and everyone was so excited about it.

After they landed in Jeju, they went straight to their accommodation. The plan was to stay at a glamping resort for the first two days and then move to a holiday home for the rest of the trip.

Hanbin and Eunbyeol's parents stayed in caravans while the rest of them stayed in glamping tents: Hanbin and Eunbyeol in one, Yujin and Gunwook in one, Gyuvin and Yuna in one, Taerae and Chaeyeon in one, Ricky, Hao, and Matthew in one.

They went to a tangerine farm in the afternoon to pick tangerines. At night, they returned to their glamping site for a barbecue dinner. After dinner, all of them, except the parents, gathered around a campfire to play games. They started with the classic charades and Mafia and continued with a game of Never Have I Ever. Hanbin leaned on a beanbag, with Eunbyeol sitting right in front of him, leaning on his chest.

"I'll start!" Gunwook volunteered to initiate the game. "Never have I ever been to high school."

Everyone folded a finger except for Gunwook and Yujin.

"Good for you that you're young." Gyuvin scowled and rolled his eyes.

"I'll go next." Hao raised his hand. "Never have I ever been in a relationship."

"Are you talking about serious relationships with labels only?" Ricky asked for clarification.

"Yes, casual flings do not count."

"I wonder why you asked that question, Ricky?" Yuna narrowed her eyes and stared into Ricky's soul.

"I was just thinking about, you know, those kindergarten 'relationships'. Ricky scratched the back of his head and looked away.

They all raised their brows at Ricky's unconvincing explanation, but they proceeded without asking further questions.

Gyuvin, Yuna, Taerae, Chaeyeon, Matthew, Eunbyeol, Hanbin, and Gunwook all folded their fingers.

"Park Gunwook! You have some explaining to do."

"That was back in year 1 of middle school, Noona."

"And you didn't even tell me." Eunbyeol pouted. "You're all grown up now. You even keep secrets from me."

"It was just puppy love. We broke up after 3 months. Let's move on!"

"My turn!" Chaeyeon turned her head dramatically to look at Ricky. "Never have I ever had a casual fling or an open relationship with someone."

Everyone had their gaze on Ricky, who unwillingly folded a finger while looking anywhere but his friends.

Then, it was Gyuvin's turn. "Never have I ever loved more than one person romantically."

"What does that mean?" Chaeyeon scrunched up her face in confusion.

"He means if you have fallen in love with more than one person in your life, you'll have to fold a finger." Hao was quick-witted to recognise that Gyuvin was, yet again, taking the chance to profess his love for Yuna.

Matthew folded his finger, which was unsurprising because he dated someone in Canada after breaking up with Bora.

"Are you not going to fold your finger, Son Yuna?" Gyuvin moved closer to his girlfriend. "What about Lee Jeonghyeon?"

"No, I've only ever loved one person so far."

"Okayyyy, we know that you two are in love and have only loved each other." Hao rolled his eyes at Yuna and Gyuvin. When did this turn into a couple's game?

Despite Hao's protest, Gyuvin pulled Yuna into a hug and kissed her cheek.

"I'll go next," Yujin smirked. "Never have I ever kissed someone. And I mean an actual kiss on the lips."

"This is not an age-appropriate question for you, Yujin-ah." Hanbin jokingly put his hands on his hips.

Everyone except Hao and Yujin folded their fingers.

"My goodness, almost an all-kill." Hao looked around in shock. "Luckily, I stayed single." Hao was quite popular among girls, but he didn't want to date yet.

"Park Gunwook, you have A LOT to explain." Eunbyeol's jaw dropped to the ground. She learned A LOT about her little brother tonight.

"Oops..." Gunwook smiled sheepishly.

"Or maybe, Eunbyeol, you can start by sharing the story of your first kiss?" Yuna asked with sparkly eyes.

"We are keeping that story to ourselves," Hanbin spoke up before Eunbyeol.

But Yuna challenged him. "How are you sure that you are Eunbyeol's first kiss?"

"She's right. How are you sure?" Eunbyeol played along and turned to Hanbin behind her.

"Who's your first kiss, then?"

"I'm keeping that story to myself."

"Park Eunbyeol, you better give me an answer."

She chuckled, then whispered in his ears, "I've only ever kissed one person."

"Good, let's keep it that way."

After another few rounds of games, they took a break and just chatted.

"Hyungs and Noonas, have you all decided what you want to study in university?" Gunwook asked while roasting a marshmallow near the campfire.

"I'm pretty sure I'll keep pursuing music, so most probably applied music." Taerae replied.

"Same. I might go for music education." Hao, who was also quite certain about what he wanted to do, spoke up afterwards.

"I'm thinking of either design or architecture," as expected from the art major, Ricky.

"Something along the lines of business or finance for me." Matthew grabbed a few marshmallows and slid them on the grill fork.

"Sports science for me." Gyuvin still had his arms around Yuna, who responded after him.

"I'm not completely sure yet, but I'm considering a double major in communications and science. How about you, Eunbyeol?"

"I really should know by now, but I'm still not sure."

"It's okay. You still have some time to think it through. There's no need to have everything figured out by now." Hanbin held Eunbyeol's hands and gently caressed them.

"How about you, Hanbin Hyung?"

"Psychology or education?" Gyuvin made a guess.

"I'm also still thinking about it. Chaeyeon, you still haven't told us what you want to do."

"I'm thinking of starting my own business! Working part-time at the cafe made me realise I quite like doing business, and I think hands-on experience is more important than getting a degree when it comes to starting a business. I'm not good at studying anyway, so I might as well start working to accumulate more experience and save money. Don't worry, I won't forget y'all if I become a billionaire someday.