Something's up with you

It was not any normal day in Ketterdam for one man in particular.

Wylan Van Eck.

The young dark haired boy was walking back into his lab with a certain boy. Jesper Fahey, who is a sharpshooter with a sarcastic wit and a flair for the dramatic. Jesper has a memorable and distinct style, often wearing sharp suits and hats, and his personality is just as bold.

But Wylan himself was going back to making his bombs as Jesper tapped on the table with his hand full of rings.

Despite Jesper's flamboyance, Wylan could sense something was off about him. As they settled into the lab, Jesper's constant tapping on the table caught Wylan's attention. It was then that Jesper revealed his concern, "Something's up with you." Wylan was taken aback, not expecting Jesper to notice anything amiss.

"The night we first met, well, I left because I assumed that's what you were going to do."

"Oh? Okay.." Jesper dragged on the word 'Okay' as he answered Wylan.

"No. I.." He groaned after speaking with a slight low whine at the back of his throat, "I just thought that someone like you wouldn't want anything more, especially after just one night. But, I thought it'll be easier to cut my losses."

Jesper's eyes darted around the lab, taking in his surroundings with a mix of curiosity and excitement. "Yeah I get it," he said, turning to Wylan. "I mean, my reputation isn't entirely unfounded."

Wylan nodded, still focused on his work. "I trust you, Jesper. I know you wouldn't do anything to jeopardise our plan."

Jesper's face lit up at Wylan's words. "Thanks, Wylan. That means a lot."

The duo continued to work in silence, each lost in their own thoughts. But there was a sense of understanding between them that transcended words. They may have come from different parts of the world, whereas Jesper was Grisha, but as members of the Dregs, they were united by a strong bond of trust and loyalty.

After working together for some time, Jesper looked back at the Demolitions Expert.

"I like chaos. The gamble of barrel life." He said, and Wylan turned his head to the right, and his face turned red with a blush, and walked around to his bottles of potions, mixtures and more.

"Never knowing what comes next." He started, and his voice went quieter, getting nervous. "I might very well have left you first. But that.. was before I got to know you." He spoke again, walking closer to the other male.

"I can't make you any promises, or predict what might happen between us. But I can tell you that.." He trailed off, but rolled his eyes and thought of what to say next, looking at the other male in front of him. "I'd like to find out." He finished off, anxiety rushing through his body like a freight train.

Wylan looked away, a little smile curved onto his lips, going silent as he listened to the male.

Jesper pressed his lips in a thin line, not knowing what to say. "You may have gathered this about me, but silences, they really aren't my favourite thing." He got round to speaking after finding the right words to say.

After he spoke, Wylan broke into a run towards the other male, and grabbed him by the face and kissed him on the mouth. Jesper kissed him back in an instant and his hands latched on to his waist. They pulled away after a couple of seconds and they looked at each other.

Wylan smiled softly, leaving his hand on Jesper's collarbone, their noses close from touching.

"T-That was even better than last time." He let out a small giggle after talking, while Wylan was bringing his hand back down to his side.