Games Night and the feeling of home

Jesper was twirling his guns around his fingers when an idea popped into his mind. He had been sitting with Wylan all day with his feet up on a table, watching Wylan work away with his chemicals. Wylan had just turned 19, and Inej had gotten him some new chemicals to try out, and he couldn't wait any longer.

Wylan stole a glance at Jesper right before his face lit up with a smile. Wylan shook his head and mumbled many words and one of them sounded like he was saying 'No'

Jesper looked in shock at Wylan and put his feet on the floor, and walked over to him at his working table. "I didn't say anything."

"I know, but you have that look on your face, like you are going to say something and I'm not going to like it."

"Oh yeah, have you been looking at this face for a while?" Jesper smirked, making Wylan turn away and back to his bottles and blushed furiously, his cheeks going red within a couple of seconds and he couldn't stop them from going that colour.

"No. You've got the look on your face which means you have this terribly stupid plan and no matter what anyone says, even Kaz, it's mostly going to happen." Wylan said, and turned back once he composed himself and shook his head even more with a smile.

Jesper smiled, and waved a finger at him. "You know me too well, Merchling." Jesper laughed, before running off to Saints knows where.

After meddling with his beakers and cylinders. Wylan became rather interested in what Jesper was planning and went to go and follow him, wherever he was.

Wylan left his warehouse and wandered the streets, admiring the starry night. It was one of those nights in Ketterdam where the sky wasn't filled with dark clouds, but it was overlooked by stars, many of them. Wylan looked around and then realised that Jesper wasn't with him. All he wanted to do was be with him and show him each star and what they meant but he thought he'd known that'll never happen. Wylan thought that Jesper could never love a person like Wylan.

Wylan arrived at the Crows' Club and thought about how Jesper could hold his hand and ask him questions about the planets and the stars.

That's where he found Jesper, talking to the other crows in the corner of the Crows' Club.

"What are you doing? You just left!" He hissed, anger rising through his body.

"Wylan, calm down! He was with me!" Kaz answered back.

Wylan walked over to Jesper, and stood in front of him. "Why didn't you tell me?" Wylan asked, worried, holding onto Jesper's hand.

"I'm sorry, Wylan."

"It's okay. I just feel like you should've told me as it was cold outside and I had to look for you when it's Winter and it's cold outside! So please notify me next time, okay?"

"Okay. I will."

"Thank you, Jes, now, let's sit down." Jesper sat down on one of the sofas and brought Wylan to sit next to him.

"Saints! You're freezing." Jesper took off his jacket and wrapped it around Wylan's small body, keeping him warm, and grabbed his hands, holding them in his larger ones.

"Let's play a couple of games, once Wylan warms up a bit." Nina suggested. Wylan buried his face in Jesper's shoulder and nodded, engulfing his warm, musky scent.

"Are you warming up?"

"I am, thank you, love." Wylan said, feeling a new feeling run through his body and he felt at home with Jesper.

"That's good, do you want me to pop back and get you a blanket?"

"I'll be alright. I'll live."

"Are you sure?"