Sick days and comfort

Wylan jolts out of his sleep suddenly, feeling like something is not right. He looks around the dimly lit room, eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness, and then he realises that Jesper is not lying next to him. Concern gnaws on his chest and he gets out of the bed, slowly making his way towards the closed bathroom door.

As he reaches for the door handle, he hears retching noises coming from inside. He knocks twice, first a soft one and then a little louder, and asks, "Jesper, are you okay in there?" There is no answer, only more retching sounds. Wylan's throat tightens in worry, and he wastes no time in opening the door.

Inside, Jesper is bent over the toilet, his face twisted in agony. Wylan can see the sweat beading on his face, and his body trembling from the effort. He rushes towards him and kneels calmly, rubbing circles on his back and murmuring soothingly, "It's okay, Jesper, I am here. Let it out, it's okay."

Jesper continues to retch for a few more minutes, until there is nothing left in his stomach to come out. Wylan waits patiently, holding his hair back, and when Jesper finally stops, he helps him up and leads him to the sink.

Wylan wets a washcloth and wipes Jesper's face, offering him some water to rinse his mouth and throat. Jesper coughs a few times, but then his breathing steadies, and he leans against Wylan, letting him hold him close.

"I'm sorry," Jesper whispers, and his voice sounds weak and hoarse. "I didn't want to wake you up."

Wylan shakes his head, a mix of worry and anger bubbling up inside him. "Why didn't you tell me you were feeling sick?" he asks, feeling a little hurt that Jesper kept this from him.

Jesper avoids his gaze, looking ashamed. "I didn't want to be a burden. You've been working so hard lately, and I didn't want to ruin our night together."

Wylan sighs, pulling Jesper in for a tight hug. "Jesper, you're never a burden to me," he says, holding him close. "I will always be here for you, no matter what. You don't have to go through this alone."

Jesper rests his head on Wylan's shoulder, feeling the warmth of his body and the steady beating of his heart. He feels safe and loved, and he realises that he doesn't have to hide his vulnerability from Wylan. He lets out a deep breath, feeling a weight lifted off his chest.

"Thank you," Jesper says softly, feeling more grateful than he can express. "I love you."

Wylan kisses his forehead, and they hold each other in the silence of the darkened bathroom, feeling closer than ever before.

As Jesper's breathing steadied, Wylan walks him back to the bedroom, still keeping a hand on his back for support. He gently guides Jesper to the bed, making sure he lies down comfortably.

Wylan places the bowl on the nightstand within Jesper's reach and sits beside him, holding his hand. "Do you want me to stay here with you?" Wylan asks, looking at Jesper's pale face.

Jesper nods slightly, feeling exhausted and weak. "Please," he whispers.

Wylan leans in and kisses his forehead again, staying by his side and running his fingers through Jesper's hair. Jesper slowly drifts off into a fitful sleep, his head resting on Wylan's chest.

Wylan stays awake, holding Jesper close and watching over him, making sure he doesn't get sick again. He can feel the rise and fall of Jesper's chest and his soft breathing. He thinks about how much Jesper means to him and how much he loves him, wishing he could take away his pain and make him feel better.

As the night turns into dawn, Jesper finally falls into a deep sleep, his breathing even and peaceful. Wylan keeps his vigil, not wanting to disturb Jesper's rest. He stays by his side, comforting him in his sleep, and promising to be there, always.