Wylan's Little Space

Jesper walked into the Crows' Club with a grin on his face. He had just finished a successful job with Kaz and Inej, and was looking forward to a night of relaxation with his boyfriend, Wylan. However, as he looked across the room, he noticed that something was off about Wylan.

Wylan was usually the life of the party, constantly bouncing around and cracking jokes. Tonight, however, he seemed quiet and withdrawn. Jesper immediately made his way over to him, pulling him aside and asking him what was wrong.

Wylan hesitated at first, but eventually admitted that he sometimes age regressed, and that tonight was one of those nights. Jesper's heart ached for his boyfriend. He knew firsthand how hard it was to manage a mental health condition, and he just wanted to do whatever he could to help Wylan feel better.

"Hey, it's okay," Jesper said, grabbing Wylan's hand. "Let's go upstairs to our room, okay?"

Wylan nodded, grateful for Jesper's understanding. They made their way up the stairs to their bedroom, where Jesper sat down on the bed and pulled Wylan onto his lap, holding him close.

He reached into his bedside table drawer and pulled out a pacifier. It was a pastel shade of blue, Wylan's favourite colour.

"Here," Jesper said, slotting the pacifier in between Wylan's lips. "I got this for you a while ago, just in case."

Wylan closed his eyes and let out a sigh of contentment, feeling the soft rubber in his mouth. He rested his head on Jesper's chest, feeling his boyfriend's strong heartbeat beneath his cheek. Jesper wrapped his arms around him, holding him close.

They sat there for a while, in complete silence. The only sounds were the soft rustling of sheets and Wylan's occasional sighs of contentment. Jesper rubbed his back soothingly, grateful for the opportunity to just be there for the person he loved.

Eventually, Wylan pulled the pacifier out of his mouth and turned to Jesper. "Thank you," he whispered.

Jesper smiled down at him. "Of course, sweetheart. I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

And with that, they both leaned in for a kiss, feeling their worries and troubles melt away into the warmth of their love.

As Jesper and Wylan broke away from their tender kiss, they basked in the peaceful moment they had created together. But their tranquillity was interrupted as the door to their room creaked open, and Kaz's sharp voice pierced through the silence.

"Wylan," Kaz called out, concern evident in his tone. He stepped into the room, his eyes narrowing as he noticed Wylan curled up in Jesper's lap.

Jesper glanced up at Kaz, his hand still gently caressing Wylan's back. "Something wrong, Kaz?" he asked.

Kaz's gaze flickered between Jesper and Wylan, his trench-coat rustling softly as he crossed his arms. "I noticed Wylan wasn't himself downstairs," he said. "I wanted to make sure he's alright."

Wylan stirred in Jesper's embrace, looking up at Kaz with weary eyes. "I'm okay, Kaz," he mumbled, his voice slightly muffled without the pacifier in his mouth. "Don't worry about me."

Kaz's face softened, but he remained vigilant. "Jesper, I have a job lined up for tonight," he said, his voice steady. "Do you want to come with me?"

Before answering, Jesper caressed Wylan's cheek and leaned down to kiss him on the forehead. "I appreciate the offer, Kaz," he said, gazing into Wylan's eyes, "but I want to spend some time with my boyfriend. We can go on a job together another time."

Wylan's heart swelled with affection as he heard Jesper's words. He had always admired Jesper's dedication and loyalty to their relationship. He squeezed Jesper's hand, silently assuring him that he was okay with him accepting Kaz's offer.