Bad Days

Wylan was having a bad day, and Jesper did his best to comfort him but he still wasn't feeling himself.

He was sitting on his bed, knees brought up to his chest, tears willing to spill down his cheeks. Jesper came into the bedroom.

"Wylan, can you look at me please? I can't deal with this silent treatment." Jesper pulls Wylan's hands down from his eyes but Wylan fights him and keeps his hands there.

"Wylan, Kaz needs us both today, you can't keep staying in here, love." Jesper tells him, sitting beside him, one hand on his back.

"I'm fine here." He muttered, his voice small.

"You're not fine, sit up." Jesper tried first, "Wylan, I'm not going to tell you again, sit up please. I don't want to lift you so I can see your face." Jesper's voice got softer, and Wylan sat up.

"I'm up now."

"Take your hands away from your face, please. I'll be right here if you need a hug, and I'll speak to Kaz." Jesper told him, putting one hand on Wylan's bicep. Wylan pulled his hands away from his face and Jesper could see the tears forming in his eyes.

"Oh sunshine, what's wrong?"

"I'm not feeling good today," Wylan started and pointed up to his head, "Up here." He pointed.

Jesper nodded "Okay, love, so it's mental pain? Anything else?" He asked and Wylan nodded, moving over to Jesper, sitting in front of him and he buried his face in Jesper's chest, letting out a harsh sigh.

"Oh Merchling, what is it?"

"Can you just lie with me for a bit, please?" He asked, his voice cracking.

Jesper got on the bed, and laid on his side. Wylan got back under the covers and Jesper took his face in his hands and stroked his cheeks slowly.

"You're doing so good, sweetie. Let me have a word with Kaz, and I'll come back up here, I promise."

"Promise?" Wylan asked and Jesper nodded.

"Pinkie promise." Jesper held his little finger out and Wylan took it in his, and Jesper pressed a kiss to Wylan's dark curls before slipping out of bed.

He headed downstairs to the kitchen where Kaz was sitting at the table.

"Jesper, where's Wylan?" He asked and Jesper sat down in front of Kaz.

"He's upstairs, he's not feeling good."

"I see, is he okay?"

"Not really, he's in a bit of a crappy mental state right now, so I'm going to need to be there for him, can you not take Inej with you?"

"Yeah, I'll take her with me." Kaz said, and Jesper nodded his head, worried about his boyfriend who was upstairs resting.

"Okay." Jesper made his way back upstairs to the bedroom and stood by the door since he saw his boyfriend laying on his back, staring up at the ceiling. Jesper walked in and kicked off his shoes, closing the door behind him.

Wylan sat up, and pushed up his pillows to lean against them. Jesper took off his jacket, leaving it on the back of the desk chair, and got on the bed next to Wylan, raising his arm for Wylan to come into his arms.

Wylan moved to be in his arms with his head on his chest, and wrapped his arms around Jesper's waist.

"Jes, is this okay?" Wylan asked, wanting to be sure with Jesper that it was okay with him.

Jesper pulled Wylan to sit up and sat up himself with Wylan next to him. "Wylan, it's more than okay. If you're comfortable, then that's all that matters." Jesper told him, "Now, come here. You need love."