You're not coming back to Ketterdam, are you?

Jesper sat on the edge of his bed, staring blankly at the wall in front of him. The day had been long and exhausting, and the thought of facing tomorrow was overwhelming. He let out a heavy sigh and ran his hand through his hair.

He had just said goodbye to Inej. She was leaving Ketterdam to go see her family, and he couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness wash over him. Inej had been his friend for years, she had become his sister, and he didn't know how he was going to get through the days without her.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a soft knock on his door. He looked up to see Wylan standing there, a concerned expression on his face.

"Hey, are you okay?" Wylan asked, walking over to sit next to Jesper on the bed.

Jesper forced a smile and shrugged. "Just tired, I guess. It's been a long day," he said, hoping his voice didn't betray the sadness he was feeling.

Wylan seemed to sense something was off, though, and put his hand on Jesper's knee. "You can talk to me, you know," he said softly.

Jesper took a deep breath before speaking. "It's just hard to say goodbye to Inej," he admitted. "She's been there for me for so long, and now she's leaving."

Wylan nodded in understanding. "I know it's tough, but you'll get through it. And you're not alone, Jes. I'm here for you."

Jesper met Wylan's eyes, feeling a sense of gratitude wash over him. Wylan was always there for him, and he didn't know what he would do without him.

The room fell into a comfortable silence as they sat there, shoulders touching. Jesper closed his eyes, taking comfort in Wylan's presence.

"I'm going to miss her so much," Jesper murmured after a few moments.

Wylan squeezed his knee gently. "I know," he said softly. "But you'll always have the memories you made with her. And we'll make new memories together, okay?"

Jesper always knew that Inej was leaving, that she had her own life to live and her own dreams to follow. But it didn't make saying goodbye any easier. Inej was more than just a partner in crime, she was a friend, a confidant, and a soulmate.

As the days counted down to Inej's departure, Jesper spent as much time as he could with her, savouring every moment they had together. They reminisced about past heists and laughed over stories that only they shared. Yet beneath their laughter, there was a quiet sadness that hung over them, a grief at the thought of being separated.

Jesper was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice Wylan enter the room until he felt his hand on his shoulder. He turned to Wylan and saw the same sadness and uncertainty etched on his face.

Without a word, Wylan pulled Jesper tight against him, holding him as if he could shield Jesper from the pain that was to come. Jesper clung to him, burying his face in Wylan's chest and letting out all the pent-up emotions he had been feeling.

In that moment, they didn't need words, just the comfort of each other's presence. For hours they stayed that way, lost in memories and the promise of a future without their dear Inej.

As the time of Inej's departure drew near, it was clear that Jesper was struggling to let go. He sat alone in his room, staring blankly at the wall, unwilling to face the harsh reality of Inej's leaving.

Wylan understood Jesper's pain all too well. He too was struggling with the thought of losing Inej, the thought of being without her by his side. He walked into Jesper's room, his heart heavy with sorrow.

"Jesper," he began softly, his voice filled with love and concern, "you don't have to face this alone. I'm here with you, always."

Jesper turned to Wylan, his eyes filling with tears at the sight of his loving partner. "I can't believe she's really leaving," he muttered, his voice heavy with pain and despair.