chapter 47 - A Kept Promise

Warning: stalkery, voilence, swearing, and threatening.

(Sorry for the wait, I got sick!! Word of advice: Remember to close your windows on cold nights.)

Monika stared blankly at her cieling, the room so quiet her thoughts echoed off the walls. She was dreading yet another day of torture, the fear and uncertainty growing as rapidly as the sun rose. Had she even slept? She didn't know.

Monika closed her eyes and fists tightly in preparation for her alarm that ran seconds later. She slammed her hand onto the machine, silencing it, but her frustration didn't leave. It wasn't long before she grabbed the thing and threw it with all her might towards the wall, bits of it flying off at the impact.

She breathed heavily, her heartbeat and thoughts frantic.

"Calm down. You need to calm down." Whispered Monika, talking to herself.

Time blurred together into one for her that morning. Everything felt the same and mundane. Yet also terrifying. From brushing her teeth, to eating breakfast, to getting changed, to looking through her pages and pages of screenshots of all her conversations with Rose to her first and last lesson in school, it all felt murged together into one moment. One memory. One second of time, that ran too quickly.

One thing, however, did strike her as odd. None of her friends even tried to make conversation with her all day. She could feel them watching, but not a word to her was ever spoken.

'That's that then...' thought Monika, only having seen distant glimpses of Sayori that day and watching as Yuri hurrily scurried out of their classrooms, not having spoken.
'I pushed them away so much... they probably want nothing more to do with me anymore...'

Spending lunch with Rose was luckily not as bad as one would think. She'd never once touch Monika to her relief, but not because she didn't want to, only because she was genuinely too busy keeping up appearances to do so.

Still, Monika was forced to follow her around like a dog. Still, Monika never let her misery be seen when she was around Rose and her chosen company.

Worry washed over Monika as the bell rang at the end of the day's final lesson. She took in a big breath, packing her things and right on time, some students working for Rose entered the room, their pace slow as they tried to avoid collisions with students hurriedly trying to escape the school. How she wished she could hurry along with them.

Clutching her bag unnaturally tightly, she watched with tunnel vision as they got closer, but just before they could, a loud bang noise hit Monikas desk, surprising her.

It was Natsuki.

"Heyyyy Monika!" Smiled Natsuki having slammed her bag onto Monikas desk, which had some sort of handle protruding the top. That would explain the loudness of the thud.

"Thank fuck that's over. Most boring lesson EVER. Now let's head to the club!" Said Natsuki enthusiastically, wrapping her bag around her shoulder.

Monika looked over Natsukis's shoulder and noticed the annoyed expression on the students sent to get her. They continued to approach. But before she could utter a word about not being able to go, both her and the others stopped in their tracks as Natsuki pulled out a metal bat from her bag and began swinging it like she was bretending to hit a baseball.

"Haha, I stole this from PE today! I'll probably put it back afterwards, but it's just so fun!" Smiled Natsuki, still swinging the bat around with an evil gleem in her eyes.
"Damn, if I had this bad boy that day! None of those fuckers would have been able to hit me!"