Chapter 48 - Holding on

Warning: Swearing, Monika gets hit, Sayonika moments, crying, flinching and the gay.

Natsuki had her phone flat on the desk with some mini games on the screen to pass the time with Monika while they waited for Sayori, Yuri and Roses people, whom were bound to come looking for Monika soon.

Natsuki raised her eyebrow at Monika when her phone buzzed for the 100th time that minute.

"Is it her?" Asked Natsuki.

"Unfortunately." Said Monika with a sigh as she finally put her phone on silent and continued to play the mini game with Natsuki, biting her lip in frustration when she lost yet again.
"Okey, this is unfair. You've clearly had practice."

"Sounds like someone's just a sore loser!" Teased Natsuk.
"Does she always message and call you like that..?" asked Natsuki as she reset the game.

"...Unfortunately..." Said Monika, running her hand through her hair.

"So like... does she flip out if you take too long to shit and don't respond?" Asked Natsuki in a humorously serious tone, causing Monika to chuckle.

"Oh god, yes! It's the most ridiculous thing. If I don't respond in a few minutes, she flips out! She's so utterly ridiculous that it gives me a headache."

"Toxic ass bitch." Said Natsuki as she sneakily let Monika win, watching in relief as a small genuin smile played on her friends face.

"How have you all been recently? I haven't been able to ask in what feels like forever..." Said Monika as she crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair. Natsuki hummed and took her phone back into her pocket, assuming Monika had enough of the games.

"Well I've been great recently, gotten back into my exercises and stuff...I honestly hated how much of myself id lost when I got hospitalised, but now that I've recovered I'm slowly getting it all back. Muscles and all!" Smiled Natsuki before also crossing her arms and leaning back into her chair.

"Yuris been reading a lot more, and while she tries to hide it, I know she's been messaging her dad, but I won't ask anything until she tells me. I do not have a fucking death wish. Plus, if I get on her bad side now, then she'll never do the thing." Said Natsuki slightly deep in thought.

"What exactly is 'the thing'?'" asked Monika with an almost sceptical look.

Natsukis eyes went wide for a minute before she could control it and leaned further into her chair.

"None of your fucking business!!" Snapped Natsuki with a small blush.

"Haha, okey, okay! Your freaky little child." Said Monika earning a death glare from Natsuki.
"How is... how is Sayori doing?" Asked Monika, looking down at her lap.

"...she misses you, Monika. She misses you a lot." Calmly said Natsuki.

Monika gritted her teeth to hold back tears as she nodded.

"When you get your new phone, she better be the first one of us you contact." Ordered Natsuki. Monika just nodded again.

"O-Ofcourse...do you think... she'll ever forgive me?"

"Dumbass, I don't know! None of us will until you actually apologise to her."

"I just didn't want any of you to get hurt, but it seems like it happened anyway." Sighed Monika.

"It's not your fault, Monika. It's that narcissist fault!" Snapped Natsuki, earning a sad smile from Monika.

"I know, Natsuki. But that doesn't stop me from feeling terrible and powerless. At night, I wonder what I could have done differently sometimes, but I doubt Rose will ever stop being an asshole. Even if I never dated her, she'd pull this off on someone else."