Chapter 37

Third person's pov

"Taehyung," Jungkook whispered gently, reaching out to touch his hand. "You don't have to tell me anything you're not ready to share. I'm here for you, no matter what."

Taehyung took a deep breath, his chest rising and falling with the weight of his memories. "I need to tell you, Jungkook. I want you to understand why I've been struggling to fully embrace our bond."

" I met Hye-joon when we were just kids, playing together in the neighborhood park," Taehyung began, his voice tinged with nostalgia.

"We became fast friends, and as we grew older, that friendship blossomed into something deeper. I fell in love with him, though I didn't fully understand what it meant at the time."

"We spent countless days together, laughing, exploring, and dreaming of a future side by side. I thought we were invincible, that nothing could ever tear us apart."

Jungkook listened attentively, sensing the weight of Taehyung's emotions in every word spoken.

He gently squeezed Taehyung's hand, offering silent support and encouragement to continue.

"But as time went on, I could feel something changing between us," Taehyung continued, his voice quivering with the pain of that realization."

"Hye-joon grew distant, and his affection for me seemed to wane. I tried my best to hold onto him, to understand what was happening, but he kept pulling away."

The room seemed to tighten around them as Taehyung's memories resurfaced, flooding him with the heartache he had tried so hard to bury.

"I was in denial, you know," he admitted, "I didn't want to believe that the person I loved so deeply could be slipping away from me. It hurt too much to confront the truth."

Jungkook's heart ached as he saw the pain etched across Taehyung's face. He leaned in closer, offering a comforting presence, a safe harbor for Taehyung to unload his burdens.

"Then, one fateful day," Taehyung's voice shook with grief, "I received the news about the accident. Hye-joon and his partner had been in a terrible carriage accident, and they didn't survive.

Tears streamed down Taehyung's cheeks as he recalled the moment when his heart had been torn apart. "It was then, amidst the sorrow and grief, that I found out about Hye-joon's secret relationship," he confessed, his voice breaking. "He had been seeing someone else behind my back, and I had been completely ob-blivious." His voice cracked a little at the end.

Jungkook's heart sank for Taehyung, realizing the depth of the betrayal he had endured.

He wrapped his arms around Taehyung, pulling him close, silently conveying that he would be there to help bear the burden of that pain.

"I was devastated and angry," Taehyung continued, his voice laced with sadness and bitterness. "I couldn't understand why he had kept it from me, why he had chosen someone else over me. I felt betrayed and worthless, as if I wasn't enough to keep him by my side."

The room filled with the heaviness of Taehyung's emotions, and Jungkook held him tighter, offering a stable presence amidst the storm of memories and feelings.

In the soft glow of the moonlight filtering through the window, Taehyung's tears flowed freely as he clung tightly to Jungkook, his heart pouring out all the pain and sorrow he had carried for so long.

Each sob was a release of the weight he had borne in silence, and as the tears fell, the walls around his heart began to crumble.

Jungkook held him with a tender strength, his arms wrapped protectively around Taehyung's trembling form.