Prologue

It was a stormy night, the winds were weeping as the rain cried, and a faint cry of a child could be heard in front of an impoverished church. Then the large doors of the church opened with a large creak right when a thunder crashed down, a sister looked down and noticed a basket with a baby in it, abandoned to be taken care of at the church. The sister hurriedly brought the baby into the safety of the church and held the little girl in her arms.

"Poor soul... Were you abandoned by your parents? Or were you unwanted by your mother?"

*Baby crying SFX*

The sister's rhetorical questions were met with only more crying.

"Oh, dear..."

The sister could only show a small smile as she was already used to hearing the cries of a newly born child.

"I need to give you a name... But what would fit you?"

Then when the sister finished saying that line of dialogue, a semi-transparent square appeared on-screen with the words "Insert your name"

"Nee, Nii-san what's a good name for the protagonist for this second run of Doki Doki Magical Love?"

"... Can't you... Just use your... Name again? *Urk*"

"Absolutely not! I already used it in my previous run to get my favorite character! Now this is the role-play run!"

"Stop shouting... please... I'm already feeling like dying... with this horrible fever and headache... I don't need your voice ringing in my ears as well..."

"Then give me a name!"

"Ugh... Fiiiiine... ... ... How about Nanako?"

"Sounds good... ... ... Now... Na...Na...Ko, and confirm!"

"... Guh!"

"!? Are you going to vomit!?"

*Nods*

"Awawawawawa! We need to get you to the bathroom now!"

"No... pick the trash can... it's too late for the- *Mhguh* !?"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! HERE'S THE TRASH CAN!"

"Bleurgh"

As one of the siblings was having the horrible experience of actually getting sick, the scene was put on auto mode, continuing the opening scenes, since the sister wanted to get over the very lengthy and unskippable opening as soon as possible while she wasn't looking at it. And the screen showed the words "years later" (A/N Notes: 10/10 best otome game opening *Said by the person who never saw an actual otome game*)

.

.

.

Today was another normal sunny day, albeit with more wind than usual, but nothing too worrying, but for a certain someone, today could be said to be "less enjoyable" than usual. That someone was Edward Harding, the son and heir of a count family, and as for why his day was "less enjoyable" than usual, was that during his usual physical training with the captain, who was his tutor, got a bit too excited in their sparring session, and hit Edward with full force on the forehead with a wooden sword, giving Edward a horrible headache.

A headache that was remaining even now, right in the middle of the night, but that was not all, because since he was still unwillingly awake until these late hours, he now also suffering from tinnitus, and with the wind outside making sounds of almost as if the world was ending, all ensured that Edward could not fall asleep, that in turn only worsened his headache.

But that was not all, and alongside those headaches, he was getting strange thoughts. Yes, strange thoughts, to the point that he could not hold it anymore and ask himself...