Chapter 30

It was a clear night, the hallways of a mansion were empty and dark, with the only respite amongst such darkness being the moonlight, illuminating the hallways with its brilliance piercing through the windows. No signs of life could be found, almost as if the mansion was deserted, but then...

*Thud*

A low, but characteristic, sound of something blunt hitting a wall resounded through the empty passageways, going after the sound, one would find a door to a room, and next to it, two people could be seen, a boy and a girl, amidst the moonlit darkness, their bodies very close to each other, with only a few centimeters preventing them from touching the other.

The girl was pressed between between the wall and the boy, while he had his right hand pressed against the wall, next to the girl's head, it was a classic kabedon move. The girl's face was red as she looked away, clearly embarrassed and flustered from seeing the boy standing so close to her.

"Princess Atsuko... I want you"

"W-We cannot, S-Sir E-Edward. You are already engaged to someone else"

"I do not care about such things, Princess Atsuko. All I want is you"

"B-But still-!"

As the two figures, revealed to be Atsuko and a strangely handsome Edward, spoke those very soapy opera lines, the moonlight sifted, moving as if some dreamy power was behind it, to properly illuminate Atsuko's blushing face. She attempted to look away from Handsome Edward, but it was futile as Handsome Edward gently held her by the chin and made her look at him right in his eyes.

"Princess Atsuko, I like you"

"! Y-You cannot..."

"But I do, ever since I laid my eyes on you"

Then as Handsome Edward finished saying his soap opera lines, he slowly brought his face closer to Atsuko, she knew for what it was and she had to stop him before it was too late.

"W-Wait, S-Sir Edward. Do not... P-Please wait"

But Handsome Edward didn't stop.

"W-Wait, m-my heart isn't ready... W-Wait..."

The closer his face and lips got, the weaker Atsuko's resistance became, and then she closed her eyes as if she wanted their lips to meet.

<Wait... Wait... ... ...>

Now she didn't even attempt to say her words anymore, as she practically gave herself to her desires.

<Wait...>

One last word inside her mind, their noses were almost touching, and their lips just mere moments from sealing each other, and then...

"WAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!! Haa... Haa... Haa... Haaaaaaa... ... ... Huh?"

With a ragged breath and red cheeks, Atsuko looked around nervously, and all she could see was the room assigned to her at the Neville mansion, being dimly lit by the rising sun, and with only herself inside. Then she slowly put her right hand on her lips, as her blush increased.

"Uuuuuuuuuh..." <This makes it the tenth time already...>

Atsuko had been staying for around two weeks at the Neville Estate, and around ten days had passed since the tea party with Edward, Lysette, and Nanako, the same tea party that Edward caused a rather big misunderstanding.

<... I can't stop thinking about Sir Edward ever since he said that he likes me...>

Ever since, Edward's "honest confession" as Atsuko saw it, she has been unable to think about anyone else but Edward, and the more she kept thinking about him, the more embarrassed she became and the redder her face became. And to make it worse for her, whenever they happened to pass by each other, which was bound to happen practically every day, her thoughts about him would only increase as seeing his gentle smile and demeanor caused her heartbeat to increase, and even make her want to stay close to him.