Chapter 23

It was the morning of the next day, and differently from the past few days, Lysette was still soundly asleep on her bed, as she tightly hugged Edward's head close to her chest, and with Nanako hugging Edward from behind, a very similar scene to when she first slept together with Edward. But there was one small difference from that time.

And that was the small glint of light reflecting from Lysette's left ring finger, the special gift she received in a very romantic manner from Edward last night.

"... ... ... Hm?"

Then Lysette slowly opened her eyes and began looking around, her eyes adjusting to the morning sunlight, soon after she noticed that she was hugging Edward's head onto her chest, but at the same time, she also saw the engagement ring that he had given to her glinting from the sun's light.

"..."

Seeing it, made Lysette smile as she further tightened her hug, as she felt her chest getting warmer from the happiness she felt.

"Edward-sama... I love you..."

With a soft tone, Lysette whispered those words close to Edward's ears, knowing he was asleep making it so that he couldn't hear her words.

"...?"

Then Lysette noticed someone moving behind Edward, only to reveal to be a half-asleep Nanako lifting herself.

"Good morning, Nanako-san"

"Hm?... ... ... Good... Morning... Lysette-sama"

With a sleepy voice, Nanako responded to Lysette's greeting, but as she slowly woke up, she noticed what Lysette was doing with Edward, causing Nanako to start pouting.

"... That's unfair..."

"Fufu, that's because you're too slow and pure. Nanako-san"

"Muuuh... Like you're any different, Lysette-sama..."

"... I suppose, you're right, Nanako-san..."

"..."

Nanako feeling a little jealous at seeing Lysette hogging Edward all to herself, laid her down back on the bed and began hugging Edward again from behind. This helped her quell her jealousy, but in turn, she began to remember the events from the previous night, especially the part where Edward went to shield her from the crown prince's attack aimed at him.

"... ... ... Lysette-sama..."

"Yes, Nanako-san?"

"... Can... Can I ask you to... Teach me how to use magic?"

"Hm? Why do you want to learn magic, Nanako-san?"

"I... I just don't want to keep causing trouble to Edward-sama, and... And you as well, Lysette-sama, because... Because of my powerlessness..."

Nanako's voice was filled with remorse from all the trouble she caused to the two last night. Lysette turned quiet, as she began to think about what Nanako said.

"Nanako-san, did you ever test for your mana capacity?"

"No..."

"... Then do you know if you have any affinity for magic?"

"No..."

"I see..."

Again Lysette turned silent as she considered Nanako's request further, after all as far as she was taught, a commoner very rarely would show any meaningful talent for magic, and in the case of Nanako she wanted to be able to protect herself by using magic, which would require a rather considerable amount of talent and mana capacity to do so, that Nanako didn't know if she had any in the first place.