Chapter 25

It had been around a few months since Lysette's birthday, and things had mostly returned to the usual routine. The main difference was that Nanako now had to contend with practicing her magic with Lysette, whenever she visited the estate, atop her usual routine in the maintenance of the manor.

As for Lysette, ever since receiving the special gift from Edward, her more serious and strict act had seemingly disappeared, as now she always showed a happy and bright smile, which only got even brighter whenever she looked at the ring gifted to her by Edward on her left ring finger.

However... There was now another change, which was very problematic for Edward, one that was enough to make him wanna puke from stress, and that was also very frightening for Nanako... And that was the fact that the crown prince was currently uninvitedly sitting in front of Edward with only a table standing between them.

Edward could only remain silent, as he did his best to hide his stress and anxiety combo-induced stomachache, while at the same time, he had to put his mind into overdrive to think of a way out of his situation as a horrible headache assaulted him.

"So..."

"!"

Then the prince began speaking, which startled Edward as he was too busy with other things.

"Where is Nanako-san?"

"..."

Hearing his question, Edward remained silent, confused, and unwilling to talk about Nanako to someone else who wanted her. As for why, Ludovic was asking such a question, that was simply because Edward correctly guessed that the prince had only come to his family manor to see Nanako, so he asked her to remain at the dormitory away from the sight of the crown prince.

As for the one who was serving tea to him and Ludovic, it was none other than Camilla, as she professionally maintained a business smile and showed no signs of worry or nervousness. A stark contrast to Edward who was already feeling on his wits ends.

"Sir Edward, I made you a question. Are you not going to answer it?"

"..." <Fucc! Fucc! Fucc! Fucc! Fucc! I don't want to answer it! Because you're definitely going to go after Nanako if I say where she is!> "... ... ... Your Highness, Nanako is currently... ... ... shopping at the commercial district...>

"..."

This time it was the prince who remained quiet at Edward's answer while keeping his eyes closed, as he sipped his tea, when he put the cup down, he looked at Edward.

"You are lying, I had agents to be on the lookout at the city, and they have yet to report to me about her presence outside of the manor. Thus, I am sure you asked her to hide somewhere in the manor"

"..." <Aw shit... He's onto me... ... ... Wait a minute, did he just say that he had agents looking for Nanako!? No, Focus! I need to trick him in some shape, way, or form!> "W-What are you p-possibly talking a-about, Y-Your H-Highness? T-There's no-"

"Do not try to fool me, I already checked the kingdom's documents, there are no nobles with a daughter called Nanako and no registries of a girl receiving the name Nanako... Meaning she's an orphan, whose your father began recruiting to serve here"

"... ... ..." <He's a freaking stalker!? And of the worst type at that!?>

Hearing the lengths that the crown prince went to find about Nanako's information only made Edward's worries grow even more as he only felt even more sure not to tell him Nanako's whereabouts, which he did by continuing with his silence.

"So, Sir Edward? Are you not going to answer me with honesty?"

"Your Highness, I do not have permission to give you the whereabouts of my fiancée without her consent first"