Chapter 4

*Tap tap tap*

The sound of light steps walking down a wooden floor could be heard.

"*Happily humming*"

And alongside those steps, a soft and happy hum from a gentle girly voice could be heard as well.

The girl in question was none other than Nanako, whose figure had only gotten even more gorgeous thanks to the good care she have been receiving from the manor for the last 3 years. Her face had become both cute and beautiful with almost no rivals, while her body had grown by a lot in many of the right areas. Nanako's looks had grown to such a point that whenever she walked on the city's streets for buying groceries, she would end up attracting the attention of everyone in the vicinity.

Her perfect gentle and calm personality, only caused even more men to fall for her, with the only thing stopping them from confessing to her, being the fact that she worked at Count Harding's manor, and more importantly, she was always seen walking closely beside Edward whenever he had to do a task at the city.

As for what Nanako was doing right now, she was bringing tea and snacks for Edward, who was currently humoring an important visitor. And she was feeling even happier than usual because ever since the visit Edward, and his father, Oliver, did to the duke's manor, Edward had to spend less time at his family's territory, and as a consequence, he and Nanako started to spend less time together. So for Nanako, this was a good opportunity for her to spend some time close to Edward.

"It should be here" *Opens the door* "Edward-sama! I brought some snacks and tea for you and your... Visitor?... ... ... Eh?"

When Nanako initially opened the door, she announced her arrival with quite an enthusiasm and cheerfulness, but when she saw the scene of a beautiful blonde girl sitting close to Edward as she hugged his arm and rested her head on his shoulder with her eyes closed and a happy expression. Nanako's cheerfulness started to be replaced by confusion alongside a weird feeling that she never felt before, as she felt a stinging pain inside her chest.

This caused her to stand still right in front of the door, as she felt unable to say anything amidst her turmoiling emotions. Then Edward who also had his eyes closed, opened his eyes and noticed Nanako standing near the door.

"! Ah! Nanako, good afternoon"

"! Y-Yes! G-Good morning, Edward-sama! I-I brought some tea and snacks for you, a-and your visitor..."

Thanks to his voice, Nanako snapped back to reality and repeated what she said earlier, but with nervousness and a hint of sadness in her voice, after she saw Lysette glued onto Edward.

"Thank you, Nanako. You came at the perfect moment"

"T-Thank you f-for your compliment, Edward-sama... ... ...!"

Nanako who was slowly getting her cheerfulness back from talking with Edward, then noticed Lysette looking at her with an intimidating and interested stare.

"... Edward-sama, may I ask for you to introduce this maid to me?"

"Huh? Sure. *Clears throat* Lysette-sama, this is Nanako, one of our 'interns' at the manor. She sometimes assists me in my day-to-day tasks, and is also someone who I get along with"

"I see... Nanako"

At hearing Nanako's introduction from Edward, Lysette once again went back to looking at Nanako, this time with a more pressuring gaze as she called Nanako by her name.

"Y-Yes?"

"My name is Lysette Neville, and I am currently engaged to Sir Edward as his fiancée. It is a pleasure to meet you, Nanako-san"