Chapter 8

(A/N Notes: So about this chapter... I actually started it months ago, wasn't able to finish back then, left it in the dustbin also know as my computer work area, and today, I finished it... Yay, I guess?)

In a garden of a certain powerful ducal family, a table filled with pastries, sweets, and five cups of tea surrounded by five girls, could be seen. It was even possible to see from afar that the girls were having a very lively conversation just by seeing how engrossed, four of them, were.

"You had your first kiss!" (X4)

"P-Please do not say that out loud!"

Lysette could only say that with her cheeks dyed red, as the other four girls shouted so with sparkling eyes.

"Nee, nee, how was it? How was it?"

"Were you the one who made the move, or was it Edward-sama?"

"Did it taste like lemon as people say it?"

"How many times did you two kiss?"

"S-Stop it! I-It's too embarrassing t-to talk about it!"

"Ah! Lysette-chan started speaking casually!"

"She must be really flustered!"

"When was the last we heard her talking like this?"

"It has been a year at minimum"

"I said for you girls to stop! If you don't, then I won't talk about me and Edward-sama again!"

"Ah!" (X4)

At that, the four girls went silent, since they didn't want to lose their only source of love talk. And thanks to that, they all managed to calm down a little.

"... ... ... Ahem... I-In any case, today I called everyone here because of Edward-sama..."

At saying his name, Lysette blushed a little more, as the memories from that day resurfaced for a moment.

"... Because Edward-sama asked me to help him find suitable partners for his friends"

"Is that so? I'm fine with it, as long as I can meet your fiancé"

"Me too, I must make sure that this Edward-sama is a suitable partner for Lysette-chan since he needs to be strong enough to protect her"

"I don't see a problem with it, and it'll be a good opportunity to see if Edward-sama has decent connections"

"... Well, I just finished my research, so I think I can spare some time to see if this Edward-sama is as smart as Lysette-chan says he is"

"... ... ... If any of you dare to lay a finger on Edward-sama, or even try to get too close to him, I'll deal with you all myself"

"..." (x4)

The four girls simply stayed quiet, at Lysette's one bad trait, being overly possessive. But that still made them curious, if Lysette was like that, why did she even allow Edward to get a second fiancée? So with that on their minds, Isabelle was the first one to speak

"Nee, Lysette-chan. Can I ask you why allowed Edward-sama to have a second fiancée?"

"... Well, due to circumstances... I thought that was the only solution, and... The person that I picked to be his second fiancée is a girl who is too gentle and nice for her own good"

"... That person is his personal maid and she was in love with him, and even though you're Edward-sama's fiancée, she couldn't bring herself to hate you, isn't it?"

"... ... ... Yes..."

"You had me intrigued, now you have my attention. Please tell us more about that"