Chapter 11

(A/N Notes: This chapter was already ready for release, so ya'll get at least one release this week and the next one) 

It was the long awaited night, the Royal palace was bustling with activity as many influential and powerful noble families mingled with each other, either sharing their opinions on certain matters, to forming new connections and alliances for the adults.

Their children, on the other hand, were a much more chaotic bunch, the more educated ones imitated their parents by acting friendly to other children. The more free-spirited ones who didn't receive an education so through were nearly held in place by a leash by either their parents or their more responsible older siblings. Then we had those who were less outgoing, who instead of mingling with new people either chose to remain close with people they knew or by themselves. And finally, there were the more bold children, mainly boys, who moved from girl to girl as they attempted to charm them.

As for Lysette, she perfectly fitted in the first category, knowing of her position as the only child of the current head of the Neville family, she knew that she was bound to attract attention from others whether she wanted it or not.

"Good evening, my fair lady Neville. Would you be so kind as to allow me to have a dance with you?"

And of course, there would always be those very same bold children who would attempt to woo her in plain sight.

"I thank you for the invitation, but it would be improper of me to accept the hand of someone else other than my fiancé"

"Oh? Then where can I meet this fiancé of yours?"

This line of hers would usually send away most of the boys attempting to get closer to her, but it didn't always work such as right now.

"Unfortunately he was not invited to the crown prince's coming-of-age ceremony"

"Then there is no problem if we have a dance, after all, he will not even know what we did or will do here"

"... *Gently smiles* Continue saying things like this, and attempting to get closer to me without my approval... And I will make sure to destroy your little house, Sir Morin"

"Eh?"

Hearing that, the boy made a stupefied face, while Lysette just continued showing a friendly and gentle smile while her closed eyes showed a very opposite feeling. Seeing that Lysette wasn't joking about destroying his family, the boy decided to run away with the tail between his legs.

"*Sigh*... I wanted to bring Edward-sama with me today"

After managing to scare away yet another boy who was only after her family's title, and her body, Lysette sighed in exhaustion as she moved to another location within the wide halls of the palace, the ceremony had barely started, but she was already feeling tired.

"! *Sneakily waves hand*"

As she was walking, Lysette noticed Isabelle talking with the King's Marshall son, Lukas, and nothing her eyes met with Isabelle's eyes, she waved her hand in a way few people would notice, and Isabelle did the same. Lysette, alongside her four friends, was asked by their parents to avoid making excessive contact with each other, to decrease the fears of other nobles and the royalty, that their families may have formed an alliance with each other, which was a belief by some due to the great relations their houses had with each other.

So unable to have a proper conversation with her friends, and without Edward to keep her company, Lysette was forced to find a less entertaining way to keep herself busy, until the person, for whom this ceremony was all for, made his appearance.

.

.

.

It would only be after what felt like an eternity for Lysette, that the ceremony would finally start moving forward. The sound of trumpets got everyone's attention, as they all turned silent and looked towards the wide and white marble staircase, there a handsome bearded man wearing expensive and heavily ornamented clothes made his appearance. This man was the king.