Chapter 27

"Is that so?... I see... Hm *Nods*... Got it *Nods*... ... ... Very well, father. I will return with haste"

Lysette was currently talking with her father, using a magical device used for long-range communications, also known as... A telephone. And this device, in particular, was a relatively recent addition to the Harding manor, as a present from the Neville family after Edward and Lysette got engaged.

As Lysette was talking with her father, inside the office of Oliver, Edward's father, where the telephone was put in, due to how expensive it was to leave it anywhere else prone to any possible accidents and misfortune, the door was opened, revealing Edward as he brought with him a stack of papers in his hands.

"Father, here are the-"

"... *Gesturing for him to be silent*"

"?... !"

Edward initially got confused by his father's gesture. Still, when he saw Lysette on the phone, he immediately understood why, however, Lysette was already looking at him as she kept the phone close to her ear, causing the two to look at each other for a few seconds before Lysette looked away with her cheeks turning slightly pink.

"Hmm... Father... Would it be possible for me to... ... ... Bring Edward-sama and Nanako-san alongside as well?"

" "?" "

Both Oliver and Edward made confused expressions at why Lysette was asking that to her father, while she on the other hand remained silent as she waited for his answer over the phone.

//... ... ... Sure, I think that Princess Atsuko would prefer extra company//

"! Thank you, father! I will tell Edward-sama about this in a bit! Have a nice day, father!"

//Haha... Thank you, Lysette-chan. I'll be waiting for your return//

Then, Lysette hung up the phone as she turned towards Edward in a good mood and with a bright smile.

"Edward-sama"

"Yes, Lysette-sama?"

"You don't mind accompanying me back to my estate, and spending some time there, right?"

"Of course not, Lysette-sama"

"Fufu, that's great. Then I'll go tell Nanako-san that she'll be coming with us as well" *Turns to start walking away*

"Is that so? Okay. Ah! Also Lysette-sama"

"?... !!"

When Lysette turned back to look at Edward, she suddenly felt his hand on her head, as he began to pat her hair, which did cause her pink cheeks to blush into a red color.

"You're looking adorable, today as well"

"A-Ah... T-Thank you..."

With that, Lysette embarrassedly retreated away, as she tried to cover her happy smile from being pampered yet again by Edward. Who in his case went back to dealing with the papers in his hands.

"Father, here are the documents you requested"

"Thank you, son... ... ... Also..."

"Hm?"

"You resemble your mother quite a bit"

"Okay?..."

"... Anyways, now I need you to..."

Smartly deciding to leave that comment of his behind, Oliver began listing what else he needed for Edward to bring to his office.

.