Chapter 2

(A/N Notes: Ahem... Otome game logic [I don't play otome games and have an impressive repertoire of visual novels of 2 games, and one of them is DDLC]

As for my other romcoms, one is currently 2/5 complete, that means just 400 words and me struggling to get it into a decent form to my liking)

"*Humming*"

A young girl could be seen walking down a hallway, as she happily hummed, the girl had grown up quite a lot and healthily since she was brought to the manor around two years ago, the girl continued walking until she stopped in front of a particular door, and knocked on it.

"Edward-sama, are you awake?"

"... ... ... Yes..."

"Then can I enter your room?"

"... ... ... Sure"

"Okay then, pardon my intrusion"

The girl opened the door and entered the room of the lord's son, Edward, just as he was finishing buttoning his shirt. Even after two years, his face hadn't got any better, as he still had his tired-looking face with dark circles under his eyes, while the girl on the other hand, her appearance had only got more beautiful and cuter as she grew up. Then when the girl walked towards the curtains in Edward's room and opened them, the orange sunlight of the rising sun illuminating her lustrous and silky long straight black hair, only emphasized her natural beauty.

"Good morning, Edward-sama!"

"*Nods* Good morning, Nanako"

"Did you have a good night's sleep?"

"The fact that I didn't have any headache that night, yes. I had a good night's sleep"

"That's great hear to hear!"

"... ... ... Aren't you supposed to wake up a little later?"

"Yes! But I heard that the cook had to leave for some days because of family issues and that you were the one who would be taking care of breakfast. So I decided to wake up earlier to help you with it!"

"I see... Hm?... Do you even know how to cook?"

"I received some personal lessons from Camilla-san and the cook, so I am now able to cook some simple dishes"

Nanako said that with a proud tone as she stuffed her now well-developed chest

"That's helpful"

Just as he said that Edward finished on putting his usual clothes for daily matters

"Well then, let's go to the kitchen"

"Yes!"

The two headed to the kitchen, and as they did so, they passed by and greeted, the servants and the lord who all had already woken up, and were preparing to start their usual daily routine.

When Edward and Nanako entered the kitchen, they both put on simple aprons and began preparing breakfast for the kids, who worked as "interns" at the manor. Most of the preparations went without much problem, albeit Edward was the one who had to do most of the preparations since Nanako wasn't entirely used to cooking and was pretty slow as well.

"Whew... This was more difficult than I thought"

"You get used to it"

"I see... Hm? What're you doing, Edward-sama?"

"Our breakfast, we still have some time until the other kids come, so we must eat something while we can"

"Ah, makes sense... ... ... Wait! I'm the one who should be cooking for you!"