Chapter 32

It had been close to 4 weeks since Atsuko's arrival at the Neville Estate as she and her entourage patiently waited for their king to catch up to them. And a little over a week since the accidental kiss between Atsuko and Edward, as well as the moment that Atsuko finally decided to accept her feelings for Edward, born from the growing misunderstandings caused by him and his easy-to-confuse excuses.

However, even though Atsuko was now accepting of the fact that she had fallen in love with Edward in this short amount of time, all that changed about her interactions with Edward, was that she appeared visibly more amused and happy whenever she was with him, very similar to another noble girl who was also in love with Edward.

As for the reason why Atsuko hadn't attempted to make any sort of move on Edward, that was because he was already engaged to Lysette and Nanako, who were almost always hanging around with him. But there was also the fact that Edward didn't appear to want another fiancée, as he hadn't made any overt comment about wanting a new one, which made it harder for Atsuko to talk about her feelings to him, as well as talking about her desire to become his fiancée to Lysette, and Nanako.

"*Sigh*... I wanna go sightseeing... And I want to talk with Edward-sama..."

Atsuko who was looking outside from the window of her assigned room, said so as she slouched on it, although 4 weeks had passed already, never once she has been allowed to step the estate's premises due to Kenichi's, her personal bodyguard, stern refusal to let her walk at the city without a partner. Feeling the boredom taking over her, Atsuko got up and cleaned herself a little, as she went to do the second, but equally enjoyable, activity that she wanted to do, and that was spend time with Edward.

In a great spirit just from thinking about talking with Edward, Atsuko made her way to the places where Edward was most likely to be at this hour in the afternoon. However, this time as she was passing by the entrance hall of the Neville Estate, she noticed someone standing close to the entrance door, as if they were checking that they had everything they needed and that someone was the very person she was searching for.

"..." <Is Edward-sama going somewhere?>

Intrigued by seeing him there, and with her objective being to talk to him, Atsuko made her way towards Edward.

"Edward-sama!"

"Huh? Ah! Princess Atsuko, good Afternoon"

"Good afternoon to you too, Edward-sama. Nee, may I ask what you are going to do?"

"Sure, I will just be taking a stroll in the city, since it's on these days that I tend to go around my family's territory to see if everything is in order"

"Ah, I see. That is very admirable of you, Edward-sama"

"I do not deserve such praise, Princess Atsuko. After all, this always resumes in just me having a walk around the city"

"Fufu. If you say so... Hm?"

As Atsuko talked with Edward, she realized that if he was just going to take a stroll around the city, he could've called Lysette, Nanako, or both, to go with him, but they were visibly missing.

"Edward-sama, why did you not invite your fiancées to go with you?"

"Well... I did invite them, but they appear still to be a little traumatized from last week's strolling"

"Traumatized?"

"Ahaha... That is just my way of saying, how they firmly refused today's invitation because of how all the people around us kept saying how much the two loved me"

"... I see... ... ..."

Atsuko couldn't help but feel a bit envious of the two at seeing Edward make such a gentle and happy face at the fact that Lysette and Nanako loved him dearly. But at the same time, she felt that the two were being rather wasteful at refusing to go on a date with Edward because they hadn't recovered from being reminded of how they looked to others whenever they snuggled onto Edward. However, that also meant that this was a chance for Atsuko.