Chapter 15

A few hours had passed since the hectic earlier morning that Lysette had experienced, and right now she was sitting at a relatively luxurious dining table, it wasn't as pompous as the one in her home, but it was still a decent one. But she wasn't paying attention to that, or anything else, as currently, Lysette was simply sitting silently as she kept looking down, as if to hide her face.

"... Lysette-chan, is everything alright?"

"..." *Nods*

Her father, Hamilton, who was sitting right next to her, asked her in a worried tone since usually Lysette would always hold her head up and quite an amount of confidence every morning, a stark contrast to her current state which was the exact opposite.

"..."

On the other side of the table, sitting right in front of the two, was Edward and his father, Oliver, with Nanako silently standing right behind Edward, as she also kept looking down similarly to Lysette. Edward and Oliver were also silent, but in their case, it was because they wanted to avoid in saying anything rude to their liege, especially Edward as he was currently doing everything that he could to not scream and keep his poker face.

"..." <Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. I really messed up this time! I knew that Lysette-sama wouldn't fully recover in these few hours, but I didn't expect that she would be this affected by what happened this morning!!! Please, Lysette-sama! Don't say that my little guy got hard nor that we slept together last night! Please! I want to live!!!>

Edward continued to show his poker smile with his eyes closed as a way to accept his fate, which for everyone else just made him look as if he was feeling calm. Lysette would occasionally raise her head a little, look at him, and then look back down with her face turning ever so redder each time, something that her father was quick to notice, and that he began trying to find out.

As all of them were busy with their problems, their breakfast was neatly put down in front of them, and when Camilla finished doing so, she clapped her hands, bringing everyone back to reality.

"... Father-in-law, Lysette-sama... Shall we now have breakfast before it gets cold?"

"Of course"

"..." *Nods*

With that, they all began having their breakfast, in comparison to what he and Lysette had at their manor, this breakfast provided by the Harding family was a rather simple one, but that didn't stop Hamilton nor Lysette from showing excellent manners when eating.

" "!" "

And when each of them took a bite of the meal, they both made surprised faces, as it tasted delicious.

"Sir Oliver, Little Edward, I am impressed, even though this breakfast is simple, it's really delicious. Please give my thanks to the chef later"

"Ah!... Thanks... I'm glad you liked father-in-law"

"Hm?... What do you mean by that, Little Edward?"

"?...! Ah, sorry! I forgot to mention, but I was the one who made today's breakfast since the chef was already busy making meals for the interns and teaching some of them how to cook"

"!?"

"Oho? Really?"

"Yes, ah! D-Did you perhaps prefer that we had hired a famous chef to make breakfast for you and Lysette-sama today?"

"No that's not it. I'm just impressed by the fact that you know how to cook, Little Edward"

"Ahaha... I'm not all that good, I just know how to do it, because I'm quite often the only one with time to make the meals alongside the chef. I'm always the one who has time to make the snacks for whenever Lysette-sama visits here"