Chapter 10

It had been some months ever since that meeting between Edward's and Lysette's friends, and as usual, Lysette was visiting the Harding residence to have her tea time with Edward.

"Lysette-sama can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Edward-sama. What do you want to know?"

"I just wanted to know, how are things going with your friends"

"... Ah! You mean in regards to their new fiancés?"

"Yes, I and my friends don't usually contact each other, unless necessary, so I was worried if they were causing any problems for your friends"

"I understand your worries, Edward-sama. But, all I have to say is that they are all getting along"

"I see... Lysette-sama, thank you for listening to my request from that time"

"Edward-sama, I should be the one thanking you. Since it was thanks to you that my friends were able to find suitable partners who can attend to their tastes"

The two bowed to each other, and a few seconds later, they both lifted themselves back up. When they did so, their eyes met, and they both started chuckling, they didn't really understand why, but they found their current situation rather amusing. After their short and small laugh, they both went back on enjoying their teas, and each other's presence.

"... ... ... Ah! I was almost forgetting. Lysette-sama, can you excuse me for a moment?"

"Of course, Edward-sama"

With her permission, Edward got up from the chair he was using, and made his way toward his family's mansion, leaving Lysette by herself. Without much else to do, Lysette simply picked up her teacup in a gentle manner and took a sip of the warm tea. Nanako wasn't with them, as she was busy helping in taking care of the manor, the reason she was even brought to the manor in the first place, but she made sure to occasionally check on them, though in actuality it was simply her excuse so that she could hug Edward.

And so, without Nanako or Edward to keep her thoughts from drifting away, Lysette began to think about her relationship with Edward and Nanako, and all she could think of was... That she was happy with it. Edward would always make sure to listen to her and to give her attention whenever she wanted, while Nanako, even though she was her love rival, was also a great friend and a gentle girl, and even though they occasionally felt jealous of each other, Nanako never did anything to Lysette, or tricked her.

The two, differently from the many nobles who tried to get her to be engaged with their sons, didn't have much to offer to Lysette, aside from their honesty and attention, nor did they try to show off or act arrogantly, instead they always acted like themselves and allowed Lysette to be herself as well. And for Lysette that was more than what she could wish for in a relationship.

"... *Humming*"

As Lysette continued to wait for Edward's return, she began to hum, as she made a small smile from the happiness she was feeling.

*Door opening*

"!"

Then she heard the sound coming from the door, that Edward had passed through earlier, opening, and there, she saw him walking towards her with something in his hands... A Bouquet of yellow flowers.

"Lysette-sama, here for you"

"Eh?! T-Thank you, E-Edward-sama. B-But what for?"

"Well, you see... A few days ago, I was helping my father organize some documents, and I ended up passing by the document that legalized our engagement... And it just so happened that it was signed on this day, so I thought of giving you something to commemorate the one-year anniversary of our engagement"