Chapter 18

It had been several days since Lysette began working alongside her family's servants in their day-to-day tasks, and she had grown quite used and fond of doing it. At the same time, her servants had also grown accustomed to seeing the young lady help them around the manor.

Initially, in her first days of helping, Lysette would make many mistakes due to her inexperience which would not only worry the servants but also increase their workload, since they would need to clean and fix her messes. But, being the clever girl that she was Lysette was quick to learn and adapt to her new routine, which was even starting to affect her in other ways.

Her wardrobe, which was once filled with heavily decorated and extravagant dresses and clothes, was now instead made mostly of simple and comfortable clothes that wouldn't cause trouble if they got dirty or wet, nor would they limit her movements. As a consequence, she who once always needed help from her maids to change clothes, was now able to do so all by herself. Her room, which was once cleaned by her maids, was now kept clean by Lysette herself, as well as several other minor things.

But there were also other things, that Lysette wasn't able to master yet, such as cooking...

"..."

"..."

"W-Well, look on the bright side Lady Lysette! A-At least this time it's not a charcoal!"

That was all the head chef of her family's manor could say, at the sight of the result of Lysette's most recent attempt at making a simple omelet. He had said that in a hopeful tone, after all, all of Lysette's previous attempts, ended with the meal becoming dust or charcoal, but Lysette on the other hand...

"Yeah..."

All she could do was agree with a depressed tone, it had been days since she began learning how to cook, but so far, all she was able to do was not make charcoal, let alone something edible.

"..."

Seeing the young lady look depressed, at what was concerning her skills, a massive improvement, the head chef couldn't help but remind himself on the day Lysette began helping around the manor.

.

.

.

Days ago

"Please teach me how to cook!"

"!?"

Inside the kitchen, an unexpected scene to everyone inside was happening, Lysette, the daughter of their lord, was prostrating to the point even her head was touching the floor, as she begged for the head chef to teach her, something that caught everyone in there completely by surprise.

"... L-Lady Lysette, w-what are you saying?"

"I am saying that I want you to teach me how to cook!"

"Why!?"

"Because!... Because I can't endure the fact that I'll become Edward-sama's wife knowing that he can cook for me, but I can't do the same for him!"

"!... What?"

The Head Chef got very confused at Lysette's reasoning, and even more confused at the fact that she was now even using informal speech to talk. But the one thing he understood, was that it was because she really loved her fiancé. And seeing that Lysette wouldn't budge away unless he accepted it, the Head Chef thought for a bit.

"..." <Well, it wouldn't exactly be a bother to teach the young lady how to cook, and considering how much of a genius she is, she'll most likely grasp everything pretty quickly> "... ... ... Very well, I'll teach you how to cook"