Chapter 24

It was the early morning of a usual weekday, the sunlight timidly peeked through the small opening in the curtains, and precisely hitting the closed eyes of a poor girl who had her sleepy dreams interrupted by the sun. With the annoying sun making her unable to remain asleep, the girl sat up with a tired face.

"... Haa... Another Monday..."

Lazily getting out of her bed, she changed from her pajamas to her school uniform without even fixing her uniform to look tidy, she left her room with a sloppy and wrinkled uniform which gave her a rather "Gyaru" look, only compounded by her relatively good look. As she walked downstairs, the girl noticed a boy slightly older than her doing something in the kitchen.

"What'chu doing, Nii-san?"

"Bread"

With a sleepy and tired voice, the girl's brother gave a short answer as he kept looking at his phone while waiting for the toaster to finish toasting the bread in it.

"..."

Without anything else to say, the girl simply kept quiet as she went to the living room to watch TV while waiting for her brother to liberate the toaster. It would only take a few minutes, for her to hear a ping sound, meaning that the bread was toasted, so the girl got up from the sofa and went on to make her breakfast which was the same as her brother's, bread with butter alongside choccy milk.

After they both finished eating their first meal of the day quite quickly, the two went to brush their teeth, fixing their hair with only water, followed by picking up their bags, and then ending with the two leaving their house as they began making their way to school.

However, as soon as they opened the front door, another girl, who appeared to be the same age as the brother, greeted the two in a very cheerful voice, a stark contrast to the siblings with their tired and sleepy atmosphere.

"Arisu-chan! Masaru-chan! Good morning!"

"Ah... Good morning, Chika-chan"

"Mornin' Chika-chan"

After giving their languid greetings to the girl, called Chika, the siblings yawned at the same time followed by a tired sigh.

"You two are always bad in the mornings, huh?"

" "..." "

Arisu and Masaru kept quiet, feeling too tired to respond to that obvious question, as they stepped forward and joined Chika in their usual walk to school, as it could be seen from the proximity of the three, it was obvious that they were childhood friends since they first met each other in kindergarten. During their walks to school, the three would always talk about meaningless stuff, but most of the time it ended up with Arisu and Masaru both talking about the games they played recently, which Chika could only nod as she lacked a whole lot of game knowledge.

Then as they reached a crossroad, and stopped at the red pedestrian light, Arisu looked to the store right next to them, which sold a lot of game and anime-related merchandise. And as the store window, she saw a few game characters that she could swear to herself that she had seen somewhere before, but she couldn't quite remember where, at the same time she felt quite annoyed feeling inside her when she looked at the smug face of one of the male characters on display, almost as if she passed through many unnecessary hardships because of him.

"Oi, Arisu, we're going to leave you behind"

"! Ah! Wait for me!"

Noticing Chika and her brother walking ahead, Arisu trotted after them and quickly watched up to them.

"Did something in that store catch your interest, Arisu-chan?"

"Not really, I was just trying to remember where I had seen some of the characters at the window"