Chapter 7

It has been a few months since Edward received the surprise news that Nanako was now his second fiancée... And nothing had really changed since then, aside from...

"..." *Rubbing her cheek on Edward's arm*

The fact that Nanako was now a lot bolder than before, and unless necessary, didn't let go of Edward. Which was a bit annoying to Lysette... Who was now also getting the bad habit of Nanako wanting to cling onto Edward as much as possible. As for Edward on the other hand, he quite enjoyed his situation of having two beauties clinging onto him, but he also felt troubled that now he had to appease both of them, which cut down the time he could help his father in the daily work.

"... ... ... Lysette-sama, Nanako... I need to warn you two that, we won't be able to have our usual get-together next week"

"Eh? Why not, Edward-sama?"

"I have a scheduled meeting with some friends, that I really need to go for the sake of my family's territory and relationship with other nobles"

"I understand, I also have a scheduled tea party with some friends in a few weeks as well"

"I'm glad you understand, Lysette-sama"

"*Nods* So, Edward-sama, would mind bringing me along?"

Edward just smiled silently at Lysette's question, before giving his answer.

"Sorry, but you cannot, Lysette-sama. Because I am sure my friends will want to kill me for bringing my cute fiancée with me"

"Ah!... I-I see"

Because of Edward's smoothly and honestly calling her cute, Lysette started blushing as she looked away in embarrassment.

"Edward-sama, does that I can accompany you to that meeting as your personal maid?"

This time, it was Nanako who asked Edward if she could go with him, as she looked like a puppy who was just told that they would go on a walk.

"Sorry, but no. They will definitely ask your hand for marriage, and I do not want to see other guys trying to steal my adorable second fiancée in front of me"

"! I-I see..."

Just like Lysette, Nanako also began to blush and look away in embarrassment from Edward's natural smooth flirting.

"..." <Did I say something weird to them?>

And Edward was slightly oblivious to how embarrassing the stuff that he had said was, so he wasn't feeling any of the embarrassment.

.

.

.

The following week

Around a round table, a group of boys could be seen having a very civilized talk.

"Gentlemen, I believe we have a very important topic to discuss today"

"I agree, we have much to discuss today"

"That's right! We have a lotta of questions that needs a lot of answerin'!"

"Keheheheh... You better answer us truthfully, Edward"

"..." <I'm glad, I didn't bring Lysette-sama or Nanako with me today>

Let me rephrase it... Ahem... Edward's friends were starting his interrogation for breaking the code of noble bros. And of course, Edward could only do one thing when he was with his friends...

"... *Calmly sips his tea* So... What're we gonna talk about today?"

*Slams table* "Don't try to act innocent, Edward! We know that Lysette Neville picked you as her fiancé!"