Chapter 29

At a round tea table, a number and variety of snacks could be seen on top of it, and in front of each chair, a teacup set with warm tea in it could be seen, and finally, a person who was just finishing on pouring tea in the last teacup could be seen, and that person was none other than Edward, who noticed the girls approaching and showed them his usual gentle smile.

"Lysette-sama, Nanako, Princess Atsuko, it is good to see you all in good health"

"*Nods* It is good to see you too, Sir Edward"

Atsuko was the only one who spoke back to Edward, since Lysette and Nanako didn't feel the need to speak, and simply nodded to Edward's words... And also because they knew that, Edward could end up saying flattering words back to them, which they already had enough of daily.

"I see, that you have prepared a small tea party here for us, Sir Edward"

"Yes, I saw you all training some time ago, so I thought that you all would like something to eat afterward"

"That is very nice of you, sir Edward. I am thankful for your thoughtfulness"

"Do not worry about it, Princess Atsuko. Now, here. Please take a seat"

"Ara, thank very you much, Sir Edward"

Edward pulled a chair for Atsuko, as he said and gestured for her to sit down, which she did so without any qualms, then he went on to each chair to do the same thing to Lysette and Nanako, before sitting down as well in the last remaining chair. As for their positions, Lysette was sitting right across the table in front of Edward, with Nanako to his right, and Atsuko to his left.

Once everyone had sat down, the girls began their small tea party by drinking the tea.

"! Oh my... This tea is delightful"

"Really? I am glad that you liked it, Princess Atsuko"

"... Hm? Sir Edward, did you by any chance make this tea yourself?"

"Yes, that is right, Princess Atsuko"

"Hoh?... If it is not too much, can I ask you why did you make it yourself?"

"Of course, and I brewed the tea myself because I like doing so, and I also have some confidence in my tea-making skills"

"Fufu, I can see why you are so confident about it. This is one of the best teas, I had so far, Sir Edward"

"Ahaha... You will make me blush like this, Princess Atsuko"

" "..." "

At Atsuko and Edward had a friendly conversation, Lysette, and Nanako both remained quiet as they looked at the two talking, but neither of them showed any signs of jealousy, instead... They appeared quite relieved to see the two talking, as that meant that Edward wouldn't start bombarding the two with praises and sweet words, which always caused the two to feel really embarrassed, even more so since he never showed a single drop of shame whenever he did so.

Seeing Edward having to pay attention to another person aside from them, did cause Nanako and Lysette to feel that they really needed to get a third fiancée for Edward, just so that they could get some breathing room between the many times Edward flirted with the two of them.

But there was also another reason for why Lysette and Nanako were keeping themselves silent, and that was one that particularly hurt them the most...

"..." <Why does Edward-sama keep getting better with his cuisine!?>

"..." <Why does everything that I cook either get completely burned or turned into charcoal!?>

And that was the fact that, between the three of them Edward was the best cook.