Barbie premiere

wanda is 6

this has slight spoilers of the movie!

Wanda was bouncing off the walls in excitement that the day they'll go and watch the barbie movie had finally arrived. Nat chuckled, her heart bursting at the happiness of her daughter, she couldn't deny that she also was excited about it and felt like a little kid, much like Wanda.

They were both wearing all pink as Nat held her hand walking towards the car and drove off. "Are you excited baby?" she asked, looking in the rear view mirror to see Wanda with a big smile plastered on her face. "Yeah mama! Are you?"

"Oh trust me, mama is very excited"

It amazed her how many people there was, it shouldn't be surprising considering how much hype it's been getting but she felt such warmth at seeing so many women and young girls even men and boys wearing pink.

"Everyone is wearing pink mama" Wanda gasped. Nat squeezed her hand, "I see baby, it's very cool huh?"

A young red-headed girl accidentally bumped into the woman, saying sorry. Nat gave her a soft smile and reassured her that it's okay, the girl gave her, her own smile before running off to her family. Her heart ached slightly at the glimpse that maybe could've been her during that age but instead she was killing men twice her size. She never got this childhood of going to see movies with her family but she's giving the childhood she never had to Wanda and that made her feel better.

She shook her head and went to buy their drinks and popcorn.

"Drink please mommy" Wanda whispered, sitting in their seats. The movie was about to start and Nat felt embarrassed at how she was feeling she could jump up and down in excitement. "Here you go my love"

20 minutes in and Nat could already tell how much of a masterpiece this was, she loved all of Greta Gerwig's movies, they also made her sob uncontrollably everytime she's seen her work.

The funny moments of the film made everyone in the cinema laugh but the giggles from Wanda, turning to look at her made her smile so much bigger, she felt emotional at how everyone was laughing.

She's should've seen it coming, the tears. Seeing barbie calling the old woman beautiful, the woman saying she knows and the pure smiles they gave to each other got her teary eyed. At the end she was sobbing, the montage broke her each one making her want to sob even more. It wasn't until one line that made her wonder how does Greta Gerwig do it, the way she captures everything was so realistic but also heart breaking and sweet.

"We mothers stand still so our daughters can look back to see how far they've come"

She bawled her eyes out, the last thing she thinks people except is for the black widow to be crying so hard over a barbie movie, she was glad it was dark. She thought of Wanda, realizing Wanda won't stay her little girl forever and possibly might have kids of her own. Then she thought of her real mother, the thought of her real mother trying all she can to find her when she was taken by the red room, only for her to be killed. While Nat thought her mother had abandoned her and not cared.

She also thought of Melina. Who did her best during Ohio for her and Yelena despite not knowing how to comfort a crying child the way that normal parents could but she tried her best.

Nat herself as been trying her absolute best to be a good mother to her own daughter.

She knows Wanda might not exactly understand the true meaning behind the movie but she hopes when's she's older, she will. It pains her to know that being a woman would make Wanda's life harder, that there will be men who will look at her like she's piece of meat. Just like they did when she was her age.

She hopes that by then, it wouldn't be so common but this is the real world and not barbieland.

When the credits started rolling, her face was soaked in tears. Wanda got off her seat, climbing onto Nat and gave her a hug. "It's okay mommy" she smiled. Nat laughed, sniffling. Stroking her daughter's hair, "I love you so much, did you like it?"

Wanda nodded, "I loved it!"

"I'm glad sweetheart"

As they got home, Wanda was passed out in the back. Nat gently lifting her up and managing to get inside without waking her up. Putting her to bed and giving her a kiss on her forehead. She got herself ready for bed and before she fell asleep, she decided to post something on her Instagram. She rarely does since she's very private, specifically with Wanda.

But she couldn't resist not posting her little girl posing in the barbie box.

My little sweet girl! <3

She pressed post and immediately got a notification from Yelena. She has her comments that only certain people can comment when there's Wanda in them. She smiled at the photos she took of the day, happy to know that Wanda had a great day and she too had one.

She fell asleep, thanking the gods for Greta Gerwig.

this was mostly nat centered cause idc she would've loved it