Extra help at school

Wanda is 15/16 but her headspace is between 6-10

for wandas_firefly <33

Natasha grins as she hears Wanda trying to be sneaky behind her. "I know you're there dorogaya"

Wanda giggles, wrapping her arms around Nat's waist. "How do you always know mommy?"

"Because mommy knows everything" She kisses the top of her head, Wanda whines at how that isn't a proper answer.

She just chuckles, patting Wanda's back, "okay come on, go get dressed for school baby"

She unhappily let's go with a pout up to her room but by time she got up the stairs, she missed her mom too much and ran back down with tears forming.

"Wanda don't run down- hey what's wrong?" Placing the knife on the counter as she quickly examines if Wanda had hurt herself.

Wanda sniffled, "Don't want to be alone, help please"

She hates getting dressed for school on her own. It makes her think of school even which is a whole different story she doesn't like.

"I'll come and help you sweet girl, can you go and get your clothes out on the bed while I pack your lunch?" She says with a soft smile, praising her when the girl nods. Wanda can get very clingy before school and Nat can't let herself give in too much or else it would be harder to get the brunette to go to school without tears.

She finishes Wanda's lunch, putting it in her bag and goes upstairs.

__

"Good girl," Wanda's face blushing at the praise, "grab your headphones and we can head out"

The noise cancelling headphones are the one thing Nat always makes sure she doesn't forget, Wanda won't go anywhere without them. That being part of the reason why she found a house just for them and moved out from the compound.

The compound was always full of people and noises which ended up with Wanda crying all the time and not doing her any good. At home now, it's always quiet so Wanda doesn't ever wear them unless she's very overwhelmed.

With a hug and a kiss on the cheek, Wanda got out of the car and walked into school, going straight to her first class. As usual a few minutes after she's sat in her place, Ms. Prentiss, the teacher who helps her, greets her as she sits down.

Wanda wasn't bothered by her, she's always nice and explains things patiently instead of getting annoyed when she doesn't understand something straight away.

"Do you understand it now, the way I showed you?" Ms. Prentiss smiled at her.

"Yes, thank you" Wanda mumbled, it frustrated her but at the end she got it.

"I'm going to go make a call and go talk to the principal, you try and do that, if you don't know some of them just skip it until I come back and we can work it out alright?"

Wanda nods and starts working.

Unfortunately with Wanda's sitting at the front but also on the side meant she was an easy target and the teacher almost never saw. Shortly after Ms. Prentiss left that Wanda felt her hair being pulled followed by laughter.

She ignored it, trying to focus back on her work. Scooting her chair closer to her desk to hopefully stop the hair pulling.

"Can't you do anything without your teacher? How about try and actually do something without help for once" They laughed as more whispers being said to each other.

Moments later she feels something hit her head and her headphones being harshly taken off and thrown on the floor.

"Wanda don't disturb the class while I'm trying to teach" The teacher said firmly before going back to writing on the board.

She mumbles a sorry while quickly putting her headphones back on. Trying to ignore her trembling hands as she looks back at her paper, tears forming as she doesn't understand what she was meant to be doing anymore.

The few seconds without her headphones, every tiny noise hit her full force and she wanted to cry. It was all too much so fast and she couldn't do anything about it but try and control her breathing.

A paper ball landed on her desk and she knew it would be better if she didn't open it but she did anyway.

go cry in your baby room

"I'm sorry I took a while honey- are you okay?" Ms. Prentiss asked with concern.

Wanda jumped slightly not realizing she was back, trying to hide the scrunched up paper. Embarrassment filling her chest that she didn't do a single thing on her paper.

She nods, ignoring the worried eyes on her.

"You're crying Wanda, did something happen while I was gone?" She said quietly that only they could hear, Wanda shook her head with a whimper.

"Come on, grab your stuff. Let's go talk outside"

__

"Hi I'm Natasha Romanoff, I'm here for my daughter, Wanda Maximoff" Nat says politely trying not to show her worry.

The phone call made her heart drop, Wanda's teacher never called unless something was very wrong. As she head for the sensory room that Wanda stays in sometimes, Ms. Prentiss gave her a sympathetic look, getting up from the floor where the brunette was curled up.

"So sorry I had to disturb your day Ms. Romanoff but she wouldn't talk since I brought her in here"

"Call me Natasha, I'm glad you called" She sighed, "what happened?"

"Well, it seems like some students were picking on her while I was out for a call, I came in and she was crying. I also found this" She hands the paper that was thrown on Wanda's desk letting Nat read it.

Nat thanked her again for calling, She nodded, walking out, leaving the mother and daughter alone.

"Sweet girl, it's mommy"

Nat kneels down, trying to see her face but Wanda stayed put in her position and didn't move. She felt more embarrassed being in the baby room, crying like they told her.

She presses a kiss to her daughter's head, sitting down on the floor. "We can sit here until you're ready baby"

20 minutes later, Wanda slowly lifted her up, her lip wobbling as soon as Nat looked at her. Now, resting her head against her mom's chest as she hiccuped. Hearing the redhead's heartbeat making her calm down, melting into the comforting touch and the soft fingers going through her hair.

"What happened moya lyubov'?"

She blurts out everything, her embarrassment coming back as she tells what happened. Part of her waits for her mom to agree with them, that it's pathetic to get upset about it and disturbing her day.

Instead Nat holds her tighter, whispering comforting words. She tells her, she will speak to the principal tomorrow while Wanda hangs out with her auntie Lena and Kate.

Tears form in her eyes, her mom cares so much for her and she couldn't wish for a better mother.

"Let's go home sweet girl, you got all your stuff?"

The girl nods, holding Nat's hand. A big smile on her face as Nat kisses the button of her nose and calls her adorable.

"I love you mommy" She whispers, hugging her tightly.

Nat chuckles softly, a hand on the back of Wanda's head. "I love you too detka, let's go home"