Chapter 65- The Aftermath

When Harry woke, he found his cheek up against black silk, a distant scent of French cologne and vanilla soap lingering throughout his nose and he furrowed his eyebrows. It reminded him of Draco, so he refused to open his eyes to find it gone. With a grunt, he buried his face deeper into what he didn't know was Draco's thigh, and he wrapped his arms around his pointy knee as if it was his stuffed snake.

Suddenly he heard a small huff and a hand found its way to caress the skin and hair behind Harry's ear. "Good to see you're finally awake, lazy arse. You've kept me waiting for days," A soft voice came, and as a result, Harry opened his eyes. A chill went down his spine, and his heart skipped too many beats to count. He forgot to breathe at the sight of Draco's beautiful, beautiful eyes.

Harry tensed and he finally remembered to breathe with a sharp intake. He opened his mouth and tried talking, attempted to sit up but Draco pushed him back down gently. "Shh," he whispered. "Relax. It's okay. Relax."

"Draco," Harry's voice cracked, and his eyes stung.

"Just breathe. Everything is okay. You're okay. We're okay."

"I'm dreaming," Harry shook his head, "I have to be dreaming."

"You're not. I promise," Draco stroked his hair tenderly. "You don't remember what happened?"

Harry reached his hand up to touch his cheek, "This isn't real. It can't be." He sat up, and this time, Draco let him, in fact, he let Harry do a lot of things. He let him touch him wherever he wanted. Harry felt along his arms, and he scrunched up the sleeve of Draco's pajamas, running his fingers along his Dark Mark. Then, he looked up to Draco's neck, and he fingered the top button of his nightshirt.

When he released the button he saw the sparkle of Draco's necklace, and he hooked his index finger around it. It was warm. Draco had been wearing it long. Draco eyed him as he did so, a shy hint of a smile on his lips.

Harry cleared his shirt much quickly after that, almost ripping apart the buttons. Spreading it, Harry caught glimpse of Draco's scars, and his throat began to burn. "Whenever I have dreams, you never have these," he choked as he dragged his fingers along them, "even in my nightmares."

"What about my Dark Mark," Draco asked quietly.

But Harry didn't want to answer that. "Why...How? Do... D-do you remember me?"

"H-Harry," Draco said all too emotionally. He knew Harry had been asking himself that question every single day for the past few months.

"Do you? Or are you here because we ended up hooking up and you were too guilty to leave me here alone like the night of the ball?"

"You really don't remember what happened?"

"Just answer the question," Harry croaked with bared teeth, his heart boiling.

"Yes, Harry. Yes, I remember you," Draco looked into his eyes honestly, and proud.

"Where did we want to go when we planned to run away together?"

"America. And we wanted to move from state to state each year so that we wouldn't be found."

Harry swallowed hard, and his hand shook as he placed it to Draco's cheek. His eyebrows furrowed and he found himself searching Draco's eyes too thoroughly. "Where did we have our first kiss?"

"Harry. Relax, I remember you!" He'd heard it too many times in his nightmares.

"ANSWER ME," he shouted as if he was staring into the brink of insanity. He grabbed both sides of Draco's face, holding him tense. "Please answer me."