Chapter 63- The Ball

Harry gazed over the magnificently decorated room, the music just beginning. It was a waltz, well, a form of a waltz. It included the entire party and partners would be switched as the tune played.

Draco had Astoria in his embrace, his arm dangerously low on her back. Jealousy had never found its way to Harry until right in that moment because he swore if he looked into the mirror, his face would be a deep, passionate green. He watched Draco twirl to the music, his eyes completely locked onto hers.

Harry had to admit, she was gorgeous. Long, dark hair curled into a bun, golden earrings and a black, silk dress accessorized a perfect body... for a girl. She was graceful as she moved her feet, and so was he. Draco wore his nicest dress robes, of course, and that infuriated Harry even more considering Draco never wore them for him. But then again, Draco was confortable with Harry, and he wasn't as high maintenance as Astoria.

Others would look at them as the perfect couple: rich, beautiful, classy.

Harry looked at their own relationship as a brilliant disaster, well, because Draco swings the other way and is completely in love with a scarface with an ego three times bigger than his head.

Brilliant disaster.

Draco leaned in closer only for Astoria to whisper something in his ear, which he laughed at. A fake laugh, Harry categorized. He knew Draco. He knew Draco like the back of his hand. He knew Draco like the love of his life, simply because he was.

Harry felt the stomach acid in his gut find a new way to make him sick.

"Hermione, I need you," Harry grabbed her hand, leading her to the dance floor, his eyes still paired on Draco and Astoria.

"Harry, I don't know about this," she said uncertainly as they got into position.

"This is my last chance to be with him," Harry almost bit, "He has that god damned ring in his pocket. Hermione, he's going to propose!"

"Oh god Harry," was all she could say. "What are you going to do," they started twirling with the crowd. A switch was coming up.

"Get me to Parkinson," Harry ordered. They made their way through the students, picking up speed so they could get to Blaise and Pansy and when the dance required a partner swap, Harry took Pansy right away.

"Hello to you too, Granger," Blaise raised an eyebrow at Hermione. "I take it this is part of the plan for Potter to seduce Draco?"

She only nodded.

"Any luck," Pansy asked, grabbing hold of Harry. 

"None," Harry didn't look her in the eyes, but searched for Draco, who kept Astoria. Damn that girl. "He broke the rules... he should have switched," Harry said while spinning Pansy. The boy stared at his boyfriend and finally their eyes met for a few seconds, but then Draco looked away. "He always breaks the rules."

"You think anyone want's to dance with any of us, Potter? He has the mark for Merlin's sake," She said above a whisper, just enough for Harry to hear over the rambunctious music. "I reckon if anyone got him they'd wet their dress, and not in a good way."

"I would dance with him," Harry's eyes met with Draco yet again, awkwardly. There was curiosity in them.

"Yes, but he won't want to dance with you. He think's you've gone loony, sorry to say."

"But it's not him in there," Harry met with Draco again; rage in the blonde's eyes and Pansy hit him.

"Would you stop acting as though he's a lost puppy? You are looking at him as if he's blind! He can see you, you know."