Chapter 35- Hiding His Heart

Harry sat in his compartment along with Ron and Hermione, itching to see Draco again. Something else had been on his mind besides their upcoming workload, it being: why was he following death eaters in Nocturn Alley, and why was he acting so weird.

Rumors spread among The Order and Harry refused to believe them. Draco promised him. Besides, he would never betray him like that. He trusted Draco and he trusted their promise at the end of last term. He wasn't about to go mental asking him to show his arm or anything. Draco's word is his word and there were no further questions.

The thought of Voldemort living in the same house, even stepping foot in the mansion in which his boyfriend lived was already nerve wracking in itself. It was obvious he was still alive, Harry received his birthday present, but there was no note, no writing, just a small box containing a small accessory for his pocket watch. The item was small but special: a charm of a snake and a lion together, wrapped around another. It hooked onto the chain and added a precious meaning to his already perfect gift. He couldn't ask for more.

Upon realizing how much he truly missed Draco, he knew he had to see him, look at him, know he was physically there and healthy. Harry needed it more than a fish starved of water until it was on its last inch of life.

Harry snuck out under his invisibility cloak to find his lovable ferret. He ached to see him, it's not like he could help it. The entire summer... that was hell without him. But he attached to the sweet sweet memory of Draco kissing him all over. He couldn't believe how lovely he was. And he'd waited the whole summer to see. The whole summer, day and night, aching...

Searching the endless pit of trolleys he finally found the snake pit, Draco's hair so bright, it was physically impossible not to see him. Again, the ache for him rushed in Harry's veins. He had to get closer, see his face up close, kiss those lovely lips...

Carefully, he snuck through the aisle, ensuring he didn't bump anyone's elbows or make any noise, though the compartment was lively and his footsteps went unnoticed easily. 

He took the empty seat next to Draco, and immediately Draco scrunched his nose at the smell of him. Wiping his face, Draco shook it off as his imagination, causing Harry to smile, because he was just so damned adorable, even if he was sneering. Blaise and Pansy were exchanging conversation about the trip Blaise took to France over the holiday. Though Pansy was engaged, Harry knew Draco wasn't. 

And Harry, being the little shit he was, decided to take his foot and drag it softly along the back of Draco's ankle, causing him to furrow his brow. He watched Pansy, who looked Blaise in the eye, agreeing that the weather in France was absolutely wonderful. She looked innocent. Figuring it was an itch, Draco moved his foot, blaming his imagination. 

But the sudden hand on his knee was definitely not a part of his imagination. Draco blushed furiously. "Pansy, what the hell!"

"What," she bit, annoyed he interrupted Blaise. She seemed quite fascinated by him. 

"What are you doing?"

"I'm listening. You should try it sometime."

"Blaise," he turned to him.

"What, mate?"

"Show me your hands, the both of you."

They both did, and the hand on his thigh hadn't come off. In fact, it moved higher up, closer to the inside of his thigh. Draco sharply inhaled, confused.

"Draco, I get you're a little uptight, but you've got to calm down," Pansy snapped. "If you're going to be like this all year so help me--"

"It's fine," Draco interjected, blushing even worse, because there was only one hand that could possibly be invisible enough to find itself down there right in front of his two best friends, "Ignore me."