Chapter 39- Slipping Away

JUST A REMINDER YOU ARE READING THE OLD VERSION, THIS IS NOT THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSION. THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSION IS EITHER THE RED COVER (MATURE) OR THE BLUE COVER (CLEAN VERSION).

--------------------------------------

Draco thrashed and kicked in his sleep.

Red eyes, horrid stare, death -- Merlin, the smell. Each and every student hung and slaughtered and killed. So much death. Death. Harry. Harry dying, everyone dying.

Harry.

No, not Harry -- NOT HARRY!

He woke with Blaise jarring his shoulder. "Mate, wake up!"

He did, jumping into a sitting position, sweat dripping down his face, hair damp and pressed against his temples. 

"Are you alright?"

Draco swallowed. "Yeah."

"It doesn't sound like it," he pressed the back of his hand to his forehead.

"What do you want Blaise?" Thank you for waking me up, I don't know what I would have done if I'd seen Harry being killed over and over and over again.

"Um," Blaise licked his lips. "I just got back from Slughorn's dinner."

The dinner I was supposed to be invited to. "And I care because?"

"You're not going to like this." He swallowed. "Potter was there. And Weaslette."

His ears perked in interest, however his stomach lurched. "Again?"

"Yeah. They were flirting."

"What?" Draco's heart sped.

"All night."

"Worse than last Tuesday?"

"They... Yes. He stood up for her when she came in, but she was crying. And he looked at her a lot. You know, those lingering glances that you two used to have?"

Draco's throat closed. "Used to? Doesn't he look at me like that now?"

"I haven't seen him do it, but your head is usually down. I think he's realized that bit and adjusted. Isn't this what you wanted?"

"No," Draco swallowed over the lump in her throat. "I never wanted any of this."

"But you have to do it. You're drifting. Isn't that good?"

"Yes," he bit. "A-Anything else that I need to know?"

"He walked her back to their common room."

"They live in the same common room," Draco tried to make sense of it.

"I followed them."

"And?"

"They were being cheeky. He nudged her shoulder... wiped hair out of her face. He said she looked nice. Stuttered, blushed when she said the same."

"Fuck!" He put his head in his hands.

"Are you sure he's gay?"

Draco's spine vibrated in betrayal. "He dropped on his knees and tried to suck me off, but I wouldn't let him. Seemed quite eager to do it. We've been dating for over a year and a half. I don't think he's been experimenting that long. I'm pretty sure snogging me counts as gay."

"But just gay? He could like girls, too. Maybe open to the idea."

"Harry wouldn't cheat on me," his stomach dropped But he had. The kiss with Cho. Who's to say he wouldn't do it again?