Chapter 75- The Interview

Draco took a deep breath, and so did Harry. The cold chairs of the interview room weren't promising as their nerves kicked in. Their hearts were both beating through their ears and Harry's sweaty palms rubbed against his trousers.

"I feel like we're under another trial," Draco whispered. In front of them were four empty chairs waiting to be filled with the editor-and-chief, head photographer, and two lead copy editors for the Daily Prophet. It was Sunday.

"Me too," Harry sighed. McGonagall as well as Kingsley agreed to talk to the press but already had their interview the day previous. Harry really hoped it would work, although he really didn't care about the media, he really didn't, but thinking into his future, if he and Draco were to have kids, they would want it to be a safe relationship supported by the people. Ron and Hermione were in the room over, as well as Dean, Seamus, and Neville. Harry really loved his friends for being there for him. "Or a dentist."

"Dentist?"

"You know, like a dentist appointment," Harry turned to him, biting his cheek. Draco just stared at him with a confused look.

"What the hell is a dentist?"

"Right... you've never had one. I'll explain later."

Draco didn't respond, but just stared off into space.

"You know one thing I love about you?"

"What," Draco mumbled, turning to Harry.

"You're a contradiction."

"And what does that mean?"

"You hate it when people shake their leg but you do it all the time," Harry looked at him in a daze.

"I don't shake my leg," Draco muttered.

"Yes you do. You are right now."

"No I'm not," Draco argued back.

Harry put his hand on Draco's knee, causing it to stop and Draco looked down before flicking his eyes up to Harry again. "Sorry."

"It's fine," Harry looked all over the room. It was blank and cold. Draco's hand gripped the chair's arm and squeezed it. Harry saw and took Draco's hand, but initially regret it, his circulation already losing itself.

"Why do they get questioned before us," Draco asked, suddenly annoyed. "Wouldn't they want the real story before verifying it?"

"I don't know Draco," Harry said with uncertainty.

What seemed like hours later but was only a few minutes, the four journalists walked into the room. They all shook hands and introduced themselves. The editor-in-chief's name happened to be Peter Blotting. Harry could tell he worked hard getting to the place he was, and he was only there for business. The lead photographer was Betty Cuff, and the two writers were Emma Squiggle and Hilbert Spleen who wore smiles.

"Greetings Mr. Potter, Mr. Malfoy," Blotting didn't break his stern face as he took a seat with the other reporters. The couple didn't return genuine smiles but they did flatten their mouths to a line.

"Thank you for coming," Harry said.

"I'm just going to cut to the chase and skip all the 'how are you,' nonsense. Yes, Mr. Potter, I can't lie and say I wasn't interested when I got your and Mr. Malfoy's letter, however I was quite shocked," the editor spoke, his voice deep and serious. "We didn't think you'd be in contact with us, you've never cooperated with the media before. So why now?"

"Because this is something I actually care about," Harry started out strong, "I never gave more than one thought to the fake articles Skeeter was writing. I don't want her or you ruining something that I've worked hard enough to get let alone keep. That's why she's not here, and we came to you. If we were to trust anyone, it would never be her."