Chapter 19- Dolores Umbridge and the Missed Date

The rest of the week the couple didn't see each other, not once, unless of course you count the times in the hallway where they would yell insults to one another, and nasty ones at that...or trip each other... or attempt beat each other up.

On Monday morning, the first thing Harry saw was a tiny piece of parchment under his plate stating to meet at the same time, same place, and he hid it with an instant smile. Harry had almost forgot about their secret corner or the forest isolated from the world, and it was a yearn to be satisfied at the thought of going back there. 

The week continued to dread on slowly, almost that of a snail, and Harry and Draco found themselves itching to see each other again.  

It was the morning of Thursday when Harry had Defense Against the Dark Arts lessons with Dolores Umbridge and Ravenclaw house, and he felt his stomach turn at the thought of it. 

As the professor walked into the room, plain, boring books distributed themselves, and as they did, Harry was in deep thought about this years Quidditch team and how he would have to face a certain Slytherin without laughing like an idiot. After being so used to flying alone with Draco and laughing freely, he would have to figure out how to conceal himself. 

Ron snapped him out of his trance. "So we aren't going to be using magic?"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows. What? No magic? "Mr. Weasley, that will be highly unnecessary. What's the use of learning defensive spells if we aren't going to be using them." Her voice set Harry's teeth on edge. 

"And how will we be able to defend ourselves," Hermione cut in, and Harry could tell from the look in her eyes that she was outraged. The way her jaw clenched and fingers moved into a fist, nails digging in the skin only finalized it.  

"My dear, who would want to attack children," Umbridge squeaked back, and Harry's jaw clenched, too.

"Oh I don't know, maybe Lord Voldemort," he bit with anger flared in his eyes. He hated her. He hated her and it wasn't even the end of the first week. 

"Students, I know a certain Dark wizard has been said to rise once more, but it. is. a. lie."

"He is here. I saw it! I fought him, I'm the one who saw Cedric Diggory get killed-"

"Cedric Diggory'a death was a tragic accident," she bit back. Harry's stomach acid found a new way to make him sick. How dare she?

"That's a lie. He was murdered! How could you be so stup-"

"That's enough," she shouted in such a rage, the veins on the side of her neck stood out. But then she visibly relaxed, which Harry hated even more. "Mr. Potter. I will be seeing you Friday night in detention," she said with a laugh that sent a chill down Harry's spine. 

Harry put his head on the desk, wishing Draco was next to him; to defend him or otherwise. But why would he? He's a Slytherin, and Harry's a Gryffindor. 

----------------------------------------------

Harry nor Draco were in the Great Hall on Friday night, but for two completely different reasons, and halfway through his detention, Harry realized he should have told Draco he wasn't to be there.

Shit... Draco's going to throw a fit.

Harry spent the entire rest of his lines thinking of where he should of been: with Draco, sitting by the water, talking about their summer vacation; that and how he was going to tame his tempered ferret when he got his hands on him. 

He made note to cover his bleeding hand from him as well.

-----------------------------------------------