Chapter 18- Back To Hogwarts

Harry tried to sleep on the train ride back to Hogwarts. Ever since that night, that horrid night, Harry hadn't gotten more than 2 hours of trusted sleep. He would get up to 6 hours if he was lucky, but his dreams were inevitably invaded by nightmares; flashes of people being tortured, deaths, and even Voldemort himself. Sometimes he would be completely out of it, Ron and Hermione left to watch him worryingly. The only night of somewhat good sleep he received was when he got the snake from Draco.

He missed him. So much. The only thing that got him through the summer and the dementor attack itself, was his ferret.

That was his patronus. He thought of Draco when he made it.

But being away from someone close to you, not knowing if they were okay, is the hardest thing you could endure.

Endless possibilities would list within his hear anytime he was alone. Draco could have easily been hurt or tortured or even killed by Voldemort. These thoughts would consume his everyday life, forming a pit of anger within the deepest depths of his heart. Right now, Harry was Harry's worst enemy.

As the 4 hour ride continued on, Hermione and Ron had to go do their prefect rounds, leaving Harry alone to himself, which was the last thing he wanted. Soon enough, he fell into a restless sleep.

The platform was crowded with kids, teenagers, and adults alike. Friends were meeting with each other, saying hello and giving hugs. Parents were saying goodbye to their little first years, siblings fighting for first hug.

Harry walked down the path, seeking a certain, special person: Draco. The steam was making it worse for sight.

How could he ever find Draco?

And then all time stood still, and movement slowed down to a turtle like rate. He could see a white-blonde head standing in the middle of the platform, looking directly at Harry, a large smile along his face. Harry numbly walked towards him, his lips spread across his cheek.

And then the smile across Draco's face grew nefarious, his mercury eyes turned stone silver, finally pigmented to red. His nose shrunk to slits and his hair disappeared. Harry's face fell from happiness to fear and his scar started to burn. It wasn't until Voldemort laughed his gut-wrenching tune when Harry found himself alone on a train, head banging and scar tingling.

-----------------------------------------

The train blew it's ear banging whistle, signaling that they reached their final destination. Ron and Hermione had come back to meet Harry off the train. The platform was empty except for them a pompous group of Slytherins walking their way. Harry tried not to smile, but he didn't have the edge to after Draco kept a malicious stare.

"Surprised you're still alive, Potter. Too bad the dementors didn't take you then and there. Oh wait? What dementors?" Draco's tone was nastier than Harry remembered.

"Just stay away from me!" Harry was thankful Ron was there to stop him from lunging at the ferret or else he would have hugged him to death.

The group of three headed to the carriages following the Slytherins, who grabbed the cart in front of them. Harry caught himself staring at the blonde one, and was caught off guard when a large black creature huffed, stopping him from running into it.

"Whoa, what is that," Harry breathed.

"Wow Potty, you've gotten loonier and loonier. First 'Voldemort's back' and now you're seeing things. You should go to Saint Mungos. I'm sure you'd be perfect there," Draco sneered as his carriage began to pull away, a nasty sneer across his face.